Metal Forum Radio Jonuary 6: A Warrior's Journey Ends Only in Death

http://8tracks.com/severed/a-warrior-s-journey-ends-only-in-death

The traveler's ears peak and dip, adjusting to the noise levels in the bazaar. Attempting to ignore the beggars and sinners, a mystic with an aura of spiritual prowess approaches him with an old necklace and an attached pendant in the shape of a crescent moon with a tiny cross etched into the center, suddenly she speaks,

"Luna est fidei vestrae"

The traveler, in a swell of anger, lashed out at her,

"Explain yourself hag, or I shall take my axe-"

But when the hag tried to elaborate, she collapsed into ash and the wind had carried her into the endless sky. A vision appeared before him, forming his past into an assemblance of fragmented memories. The vision darkened, and his future stood before him as mighty as any foe, yet he knew now what will become of him. An army of evil that must be purged for the ones he's lost, and for those who have yet to live at all, the traveler's quest begins...

Sacred Oath - The Beginning
Stormtrooper - Armies Of The Night
Solstice - Blackthorne
Lord Ryur - Pact With A Sinner
Tramonte - The Passage
Attacker - Battle At Helms Deep
Robespierre - Backs To The Wall
Toranaga - Last Breath of Life

...and although he battled valiantly, his touch chilled as the flame inside him, perished. Now free from his mortal bonds, he is once again with his beloved.

January 13 - MoogleRancha
January 20 - darkstar2466
January 27 - sg_man08
February 3 - ChemicalFire
February 10 - AnnihiSlateR
February 17 - Abomination94
February 24 - Emenius Sleepus
March 2 - Butt Rayge
March 9 - rg_metal
Last edited by severed-metal at Jan 13, 2012,
I thought you were banned? anyways.. I will check this out when I have the chance to.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
"give us us our free"

welcome back

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by severed-metal
Bumping to honour those who have lost their lives defending us against dragons.

We are friends.

Tonight, I will listen to this playlist. And you will hear from me. I might posting past your bedtime though.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I forgot about this
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
You remind me of my father...

"John," he said to me, "I'm sorry, I've forgotten your training for today..I promise you, I'll remember next time." but at that point, I was already dead inside. Hoping for my father to put down his sword for all of these years, and it didn't matter which God I prayed to, none of them answered my calls.

A noble blacksmith turned warrior many a year ago, I understood my need for a father, but I would suffer for those who needed him more than I. I could manage on my own with the little training he did give me, he taught valuable tips to me, "Swing the hammer just enough to mold the metal, not to break it", I forged onward.

When I was about 21, he was killed in battle. I caught wind that a mighty warrior by the name of "Alistair" was slain. My mother had passed away when I was young, and I've been living on my own for the past 17 years, with some assistance from my father, mind. I heard he took an arrow to the stomach, and slowly his stomach fluids boiled him from the inside out...

..I had not heard anything more about him, but he was constantly on my mind, wondering the stories were true. Until about a month later, a messenger from the kingdom traveled to my house near the edge of the water, and he spoke, "Boy", a word that caught me off guard at first until I noticed his frills around his neck, and the kingdom's symbol over his heart. "Your father hath requested that this was given to you. It had been found on his body along with this note." He rode off back to the kingdom, as most hurried men do.

"To my offspring" it read on the cover, and I had received a pendant, the shape of two snakes, each eating the other's tail, forming a circle. I stood in complete awe. My father? Finally I would get my answer, I cut open the note and it read,

"My boy..My darling boy, if you're reading this, my life is now beyond this earthly realm and I am amongst the great warriors before me. I have no regrets in this life other than not teaching you more, but I had faith you would grow past the expectations. Me and your mother both had faith. I had never told you why I picked up the sword, because I didn't want you to know vengeance until you've learned of rationality.

It was night, and just as we were preparing you for bed, a solemn horn from a shallow distance sounded. Raiders, twenty, maybe thirty of them. They stormed the village with swords in hand, and fire..More fire than I have seen in my life as our small village was cast into light ash and thrown to the wind. Me, you, and your mother fled. We ran as far as our human strength could take us, we had no idea we were being followed.

I took whatever small valuables we had laying about, but it was all for naught. A pointless endeavour, as one of the bareback riders charged at your mother..I could do nothing about it. I saw her become a mere piece of meat before my eyes, as the spear ran through her heart, I saw her weep, as her near lifeless body fell to the ground, and a pool of blood formed around her...But I had you in you my arms, and I wasn't going to let you die, not now.

So I built our small house and taught you the tricks of the trade at a young age, so you'd remember them. Etched into your skull, and I'd always tell you they'd come in handy one day, you just smiled and kept working hard. Boy, if there is anything on this mortal plane I will miss most, it will be you. But I have died seeking vengeance, and have completed my quest, so I will die in peace. Take solace in this, my boy."

It was all true. I fell to the ground in a potent combination of sadness and anger. He died defending our honour, allowed me to live, and I still thought of him the way I did...I put everything I had into the next sword.

I had created this sword to embody the spirit of my father, and I had put the pendant near the base of the blade, with his engraved initials in the center. I named it "Ouroborous". A sword representing the endless cycle of life and death.

I hope we will meet again in death, father.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jan 12, 2012,
Gosh, you are such a corny fellow. Will listen though.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I do try. Loads of heavy metal. No heavy loads of metal though. A few "punkier" metal bands, Robespierre and Lord Ryur. Great bands on here!
I'll go after the March 2nd spot that Butt Rayge has

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I would read the complete shit out of that story. Great mix too!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
This playlist sounds eerily like many a garages I spent my days in.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Added rg_metal

Glad all of you enjoyed. It was nice to get away from the weird stuff and get some heavy metal throbbing through the veins.