I made a little instrumental with some Egyptian influences. Nothing really grand but it has a nice atmosphere in it.

http://soundcloud.com/kcorkcar/doom-of-the-pharoah

Will C4C
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Just hit play, im excited for the Egyptian vibes. . .
Intro is haunting, awesome so far. drums are a little low in the mix i think. i like the crashing of the cymbals though. around a minute were building up with a cool sitar-like lead. meandering along now, sounds like were approaching a time for a switch up. ah ok around 1:40, feeling different vibes now, though not too much different. i like the repetitive lead that ends at 2:20. one critique from a dynamic point of view is that the background part is huge, it feels and sounds huge, and the lead sounds cool coming in but without any build up or additions as it goes on it sounds tinny and small in comparison. maybe doubling it or trying to get a more surrounding feel on it, or perhaps doubling it with something else. back to the main theme now and i really like this chord progression i have to say. im always finding things like this cropping up in the things i do but ive never had anything that sounds quite like this. its very empowering, yet very haunting. I feel like you really nailed this because even if this was called Unfortunate Wagon Spill, id still be picturing the masses marching to this with a pharoah onlooking.

want to c4c the song ive been working on?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510690

EDIT: now that im still thinking about this, im not going to take back what i said about the lead, but depending on what you were going for, it doesnt matter as much. you could still benefit from having a more full sound there but if youre thinking about this in more of a soundtrack realm than queue it up and jam out in the car then its a lot more suitable. id still get this on once in awhile but it doesnt have much of a hook in the lead, its more of a wandering tune. again, not necessarily a bad thing as long as your considering your aim and staying on track with it.
Last edited by jmako at Jan 9, 2012,
Quote by jmako
Just hit play, im excited for the Egyptian vibes. . .
Intro is haunting, awesome so far. drums are a little low in the mix i think. i like the crashing of the cymbals though. around a minute were building up with a cool sitar-like lead. meandering along now, sounds like were approaching a time for a switch up. ah ok around 1:40, feeling different vibes now, though not too much different. i like the repetitive lead that ends at 2:20. one critique from a dynamic point of view is that the background part is huge, it feels and sounds huge, and the lead sounds cool coming in but without any build up or additions as it goes on it sounds tinny and small in comparison. maybe doubling it or trying to get a more surrounding feel on it, or perhaps doubling it with something else. back to the main theme now and i really like this chord progression i have to say. im always finding things like this cropping up in the things i do but ive never had anything that sounds quite like this. its very empowering, yet very haunting. I feel like you really nailed this because even if this was called Unfortunate Wagon Spill, id still be picturing the masses marching to this with a pharoah onlooking.

want to c4c the song ive been working on?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510690

EDIT: now that im still thinking about this, im not going to take back what i said about the lead, but depending on what you were going for, it doesnt matter as much. you could still benefit from having a more full sound there but if youre thinking about this in more of a soundtrack realm than queue it up and jam out in the car then its a lot more suitable. id still get this on once in awhile but it doesnt have much of a hook in the lead, its more of a wandering tune. again, not necessarily a bad thing as long as your considering your aim and staying on track with it.

I really appreciate this man!
I don't know what it is, but as a kid I always loved the sound of Evil/Haunting music as well with the memorizing sound of Egyptian folk music. Funny thing about the whole marching thing, I was tempted to add marching in this for the sake of atmosphere but I thought that would be kinda pushing it over the top with the bass drum. The original plan was to turn this into a metal song but I'm just too lazy to make a song that would basically be a "Symphonic Black Metal" Nile. (The thought of it seems immense.)
idk, this track is more of a mind adventure and the lead is pretty much just a guide through it and then ends for a recap.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

same for me, who knows why im attracted to that sound but i clicked your link as soon as i saw it and it lived up to the excitement. as far as your explanation, that certainly works for me as im all for mind adventure tracks. i had a whole string of stream of consciousness stuff recently which always brings on the crits to make them more structured so i always at least throw it out there when im listening to stuff because i know some people dig it so its worth consideration. its fun to explore outside of that sometimes though
Wow man! Great job at getting a Egyptian sound!
This was certainly something grand I really liked the vibe and atmosphere from it
Anyway, i´m not the best at egyptian music so I cant really critique the composition too much, but it sounded great so it´s all good

Also one thing, it got me reminded of the Angry Aztec level from Donkey Kong 64 somehow, and thats probably one of the best compliments ever..

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510296

C4C?
like pettah said, it sounded video gameish but thats not a bad thing. you should consider doing some music tracks for game companies or maybe movies. this was pretty cool and interesting but I think you should consider cutting it down a minute or two since its pretty long and a little repetitive. good job though, it sounds cool!
check out mines: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504681
Quote by jpequeno0725
like pettah said, it sounded video gameish but thats not a bad thing. you should consider doing some music tracks for game companies or maybe movies. this was pretty cool and interesting but I think you should consider cutting it down a minute or two since its pretty long and a little repetitive. good job though, it sounds cool!
check out mines: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504681

Well, as i was writting this, I had a 4 songs on my mind that probably bled into this.

The Great Deku Tree's Theme (Legend of Zelda)
The Akatsuki Theme (Naruto)
Song of the Pharaohs
Rise of Anubis

Yeah, i'm really into this so far it sounds really dark. I forgot the name of that string instrument but what you wrote with it adds a lot to the song. i'd love to hear this on actual instruments but still i enjoy this the way it is. and it fades out nicely, well done

btw it reminds me of Cosmic Sea in a way