Page 1 of 2
and this happened to cause you to not be born, would you not being born result in Hitler not being killed and you being born anyway?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
and this happened to cause you to not be born, would you not being born result in Hitler not being killed and you being born anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
No because you would no longer exist in the present as you are currently in the past killing Hitler. Killing Hitler would cause the world to go along a different time line where you do not exist in the present, but in the past.
This was explained by Doc Brown.
that's called a paradox and paradox's are one of the main arguments against the possibility of time travel (at least into the past)
Quote by joeydamon
>>>> Self-defense weapon
Shock Electric Baton
For the sake of our safety,we should take this stuff on us anytime!!

*reported*
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by gunsnroses#1
that's called a paradox and paradox's are one of the main arguments against the possibility of time travel (at least into the past)

Not if you're going by Harry Potter rules (I hate when people pull Harry Potter into crap, but their time travel thing makes perfect sense). What's happened in the past has already happened, you can't change it. You can go back in time and effect the past, but since it's the past, it's already happened and isn't actually changing anything.

As for this question, I would choose to be born so I could choose to not be born, because if I don't exist, how can I make the decision to eliminate Hitler?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Hitler killed himself. No one need to go back in town and kick that pussy's ass.

But here you go
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I'd go back and kill Hitler's grandmother. With a shotgun.

A loophole. And a quick, grisly demise.

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by joeydamon
>>>> Self-defense weapon
*Shock Electric Baton Ad*
For the sake of our safety,we should take this stuff on us anytime!!

Oh my.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
killing Hitler if the whole Paradox thing is true would completely erase my existance!!!

My mother's Great Grandfather escaped Germany right before the 3rd Reich started, he ran from the orphanage got on a boat, dude next to him died...he took his identity and became him etc...if Germany was better at that time, he might have stayed.
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Jan 9, 2012,
If I could go back in time and kill war criminals I'd start with the Bush administration.
It depends. If I decide not to kill Hitler, but end up being born Jewish during WW2 in Nazi Germany, I'd be pretty screwed.
This sounds like a lot of work. Will lunch be provided?
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by Twist of fate
A lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-my-own-grandpa!

I feel this is a Fuhrurama reference but I'm not quite sure.

*editors note: the word Fuhrurama was a typo and I decided to keep it.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
It would depend on when Hitler was killed. My gramma came to America with her sister to escape Poland before the Nazis invaded.

EDIT: ^No typo has ever fit so well
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Time travel isnt possible
Not because of altering events that directly cause paradoxs, because you can only travel to a parallel dimension where the results of what you do are what would 'normally' happen in that dimenaion, you being born wont happen in that world, at least you wouldnt end up doing the time travelling.
...You realize this is a fairly common paradox thrown into fiction, right?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
...You realize this is a fairly common paradox thrown into fiction, right?

Or more commonly, completely ignored.
Quote by Butt Rayge
If I could go back in time and kill war criminals I'd start with the Bush administration.

Ok, then...comparing Bush to Hitler...moving on...

OT: The way I see it, until someone actually does travel back in time, there's no point in "time travel paradoxes". I'm a realist that way.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Or more commonly, completely ignored.

Which is excusable because they're killing fucking Hitler.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, then...comparing Bush to Hitler...moving on...

OT: The way I see it, until someone actually does travel back in time, there's no point in "time travel paradoxes". I'm a realist that way.

I wasn't comparing them. Simply posting about time travelling to kill bush in a thread about time travelling to kill Hitler. If I said I'd go back in time and kill Bootsy Collins would you think I was comparing him to Hitler?

They were both heads of state and were/are both war criminals. That's as close to a comparison you can get.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 10, 2012,
Quote by Butt Rayge
I wasn't comparing them. Simply posting about time travelling to kill bush in a thread about time travelling to kill Hitler. If I said I'd go back in time and kill Bootsy Collins would you think I was comparing him to Hitler?

They're were both heads of state and were/are both war criminals. That's as close to a comparison you can get.

lol,
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Butt Rayge

Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Dreadnought
lol,

Are wtfing because I said I was drawing no comparisons, because I mentioned Bootsy Collins or because of the comparison that I eventually did make?
Grandfather paradox, bro.

Also, yes and no. The moment you travel back in time, you create a new universe with a different timeline than the one you're originally from. So in this universe, Hitler would not have been killed by you. In the new universe, yes.

So essentially, you annihilate yourself.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jan 10, 2012,
Ignoring all the paradoxes (because that would make for a boring thread), No I wouldn't.

I don't think it's at all unethical not to. Yes, you are probably preventing genocide, WWII, but with all the changes that would be made to history after Hitler's death, it's possible that this has caused a new genocide, or mass suffering far worse than WWII to come about. There would be no way of knowing whether you're actually decreasing suffering, or increasing it at another time in the future, whether it's decades or centuries later.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Are wtfing because I said I was drawing no comparisons, because I mentioned Bootsy Collins or because of the comparison that I eventually did make?

D) all of the above
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
D) all of the above

Well if it's any consolation it was meant to be ridiculous. A ridiculous response to a ridiculous insinuation.
Page 1 of 2