I'm running an M13 through a Randall RG50TC and I've got a Drive setting on the M13 on top of the gain channel, but it's just not doing it for me. I've gone through all the settings and I just can't find anything else to give me a tight punchy rhythm, what overdrive pedal can give me a really short punchy sound. Like, with a thickness, but not a ton of muddy bass.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Tighter, punchier sound? Turn down the gain, turn down the bass, turn up the mids. If you want to use the M13 to boost it, I'd use the Screamer setting. If you have graphic EQ, boost around 400-500Hz and cut below that.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
thats about the worst you could do. that much gain? i cannot imagine it sounding good. i have a feeling you are likely scooping mids. there you lose some punch. lower bass, up the mids to maybe 2:00 or 3:00, and treble to suit.

i don't know anything about the pedal, but what i would do would take some form of tubescreamer, dime the volume, tone to taste, just a tiny bit of gain. like maybe 15%.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
get a tube screamer clone like digitech's bad monkey, danelectro's or use a compressor sustainer.
Buy one of those light up finger rings that the adbots' family members love so much.

The Adbot in my Sig doesn't like them though
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?