This guy has been getting more and more popular lately because they did a thing about him on shows like 60 minutes. A lot of you have probably heard of him.

If you haven't, basically, he is a rock climber, but he does it free solo, meaning no ropes or gear. Just his hands and his rock climbing shoes. He's free soloed a shit ton of climbs, broken many speed records, and basically every rock climber says it's a miracle that he's still alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCAy1v1fnI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Honnold

What do you think watching this? Any envy at all? Or any thoughts about it? Discuss.
What a dumbass. But also a badass.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
He's a badass.

He's probably going to get himself killed, but he's a badass.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
No, no envy. On the rare occasions that I climb, I'd always prefer to do it safely -- free-solo does not appear to me. Guys gonna die horribly. If that's what he wants though, whatevs.
My God, it's full of stars!
AMERICA FUKK YEAH. Seriously though, that reminds me of Mission Impossible 2. Freaking awesome. One wrong move and he could die. Amazing. Serious balls on that guy.
Pretty cool, but he'll be long forgotten in the next couple years after his death.
Shit like this reminds me of Karl Wallenda. In a similar fashion, he would walk without any safety nets or safety gear on tightropes across large distances.

Unfortunately, he met his death while walking between two large buildings. Without any safety nets or harnesses, a gust of wind blew him off the tightrope to his death.

Would YOU want to so easily leave the decision of your death to a gust of wind? Stupid. I do not admire it.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdRMcrzM9M

He came, he saw...
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Dreadnought
Shit like this reminds me of Karl Wallenda. In a similar fashion, he would walk without any safety nets or safety gear on tightropes across large distances.

Unfortunately, he met his death while walking between two large buildings. Without any safety nets or harnesses, a gust of wind blew him off the tightrope to his death.

Would YOU want to so easily leave the decision of your death to a gust of wind? Stupid. I do not admire it.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdRMcrzM9M

Shit man. What a crappy way to go.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Shit man. What a crappy way to go.

Yep. That's what his family has to remember. However, they're equally boneheaded so they see it in their own light of "he died honorably" or whatever
Quote by Dreadnought
Yep. That's what his family has to remember. However, they're equally boneheaded so they see it in their own light of "he died honorably" or whatever
One of the things I've noticed about Alex Honnold is that whenever I've seen a segment on him, like 60 minutes or stuuff like that, they never mention anything about family. They never interview his parents or mention anything about it. Once he said when he's up there, thousands of feet above the ground, he feels no adrenaline at all and has no fear or anything. I seriously think he must not have much family ties if at all. He lived an entire year in a van in Yosemite. That probably has a lot to do with why he does the free solo. Just my analysis, though.
Quote by The Madcap
One of the things I've noticed about Alex Honnold is that whenever I've seen a segment on him, like 60 minutes or stuuff like that, they never mention anything about family. They never interview his parents or mention anything about it. Once he said when he's up there, thousands of feet above the ground, he feels no adrenaline at all and has no fear or anything. I seriously think he must not have much family ties if at all. He lived an entire year in a van in Yosemite. That probably has a lot to do with why he does the free solo. Just my analysis, though.

That would be my guess as well