Page 1 of 2
Bigfoot is a myth, just like the Loch Ness Monster or North Dakota.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I opened this thread expecting some stoner to have posted a screenshot of San Andreas

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Bigfoot is a myth, just like the Loch Ness Monster or North Dakota.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. Our tourist board relies on Americans believing this shit!
Quote by blake1221
They go about finding the damn thing on the show about as ass backwards as possible.

well, duh.
if they actually found Bigfoot they wouldn't have a job anymore.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Spoiler Alert: They don't find anything.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Already been found and named

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
so this dude at wqork today tried to convince me Bigfoot exists.
apparently there are laws in some U.S. states that forbids the hunting and poaching of Bigfoot/ Sasquatch.

Had they actually found something, It'd be all over the news now.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I watched their whole marathon on Halloween because I was sick, and everyone was having a grand old time... kind of interesting show for pure entertainment value. And they came to NC, which was kinda cool... I've camped in the same park they went to. Also had a really nice shooting range, til some jerk off claimed he got shot and got the place shut down.

/tangent.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
I watched their whole marathon on Halloween because I was sick, and everyone was having a grand old time... kind of interesting show for pure entertainment value. And they came to NC, which was kinda cool... I've camped in the same park they went to. Also had a really nice shooting range, til some jerk off claimed he got shot and got the place shut down.

/tangent.

didja ever see Bigfoot?

Quote by Harvey Swick
didja ever see Bigfoot?

No... saw a black bear once, though!
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Guy in the Video
I've been tracking sasquatches for twenty-five years.

Wow, some life...
West Ham United
It's an interesting subject.

Cultures from all over the world have legends of what we collectively call 'ape-like cryptids' From the Bigfoot or Sasquatch of North America to Orang Pendek in Sumatra, to the Yowie in Australia to the Yeti in the Himalayas.

It's plausable that such creatures may exist. There are huge areas of pretty much unexplored areas of wilderness in the world that could effectively hide such creatures from discovery. It's worth considering that since the year 2000, at least 25 new species of primate have been scientificaly described, and that the largest known primate, the Mountain Gorilla, wasn't scientificaly discovered until relatively recently, (1901) but like all these other ape-like cryptids, they were apparently well known to the indigenous cultures of East Africa previous to their discovery.

Personaly, I don't believe that they actualy exist, but I find myself having to admit to the possibility of their existence.
The thing is it's impossible to prove either way. Though if these sasquatches were indeed real then, as far as I'm concerned, would surely have been properly discovered by now.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Jan 23, 2012,
Quote by King Donkey
The thing is it's impossible to prove either way. Though if these sasquatches were indeed real then, as far as I'm concerned, would surely have been properly discovered by now.

I'm tending towards the same conclusions as you, but still... the areas where they are said to live are so remote that relatively very little actual exploratory research has been carried out. Sure, expeditions have gone and made detailed recordings of the species within these areas but we are generaly only really talking about a few square miles within a region of several hundreds of square miles.

So I have to second-guess myself and ask, is it really wise to consider that they should have been discovered by now? We must also consider the possibilty that these creatures are some form of hominid, with possibly a higher intelligence than your average animal. That could possibly mean that they are very effective at staying hidden from people who are more used to tracking less intelligent creatures.
I suppose It's possible that they can exist, but I'm highly skeptical.

The thing is, most of what we know about sasquatches come from stories and rumours, and stories just aren't as good as science and statistics.

10 stories are as good as 1, and 100 stories are as good as 10.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by a_7_x

Shhhh, don't tell anyone. Our tourist board relies on Americans believing this shit!

It was a Johnny Bravo reference
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Its possible but unless they are telepathic or can cloak themselves we'd have most likely found them. Especially in the US.
Knowledge is power
"Lets hit up this townhall. Lots of geese in this area. Good sign of a Squatchey area. I think we're gonna find it this episode boys. Don't pay attention to the new episode in the bottom corner."

~Bobo, my ****ing hero.
I love these shows. Monsterquest was my favorite, cause they'd find atleast 3 hicks who claimed to be respectable people who would never lie, espicially to be on TV, to talk about these crazy encounters with bigfoot. Then the whole show is built off cliffhangers and speculation.

In other words, I'll believe this shit when they find physical proof (fossils/remains/bodies) of the ancestors of creatures that died out thousands of years ago are still thriving in secrecy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Shows like this and those ghost hunting shows will never prove anything... It's just a good time waster to have in the background while playing guitar or what have you

Because if any of these shows find something it'll be called a fake and if they don't, well, what's the point? Believe the ghosts or bigfoot legends or not, these shows are pointless
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
50% of the world is still totally unexplored and they go about looking for imaginary creatures in North America.
Laziness or just stupidity?
Quote by vicarious46
I love these shows. Monsterquest was my favorite, cause they'd find atleast 3 hicks who claimed to be respectable people who would never lie, espicially to be on TV, to talk about these crazy encounters with bigfoot. Then the whole show is built off cliffhangers and speculation.

In other words, I'll believe this shit when they find physical proof (fossils/remains/bodies) of the ancestors of creatures that died out thousands of years ago are still thriving in secrecy

I love Monster Quest. It a fun show to waste time watching, and the hicks are always great.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I used to watch it all the time, the regular 'cryptozoologists' on the show were a riot. Espicially the guy who had black hair n beard with crazy eyes.

I did get out of hand at one point though, like when they went looking for a dinosaur in an african jungle or a pterodactyl that was bioluminescent?!
It's a wild jump to think that somehow pterodactyls still exsist, but to believe that these ****ers have lived without physical proof for millions of years aaaand and are giant flying fucking lightbird is a quite a mighty leap! Nonetheless, Was extremely interesting to watch
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by vicarious46
I used to watch it all the time, the regular 'cryptozoologists' on the show were a riot. Espicially the guy who had black hair n beard with crazy eyes.

I did get out of hand at one point though, like when they went looking for a dinosaur in an african jungle or a pterodactyl that was bioluminescent?!
It's a wild jump to think that somehow pterodactyls still exsist, but to believe that these ****ers have lived without physical proof for millions of years aaaand and are giant flying fucking lightbird is a quite a mighty leap! Nonetheless, Was extremely interesting to watch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokele-mbembe !
Oh God...

Things like these get popular because stupid explorers come along and take superstition, legends and folklore way too far. Almost always are things like these the result of hysteria and misidentification... I'll give it some credit because the region seems to be very undisturbed by human presence though
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by vicarious46
Oh God...

Things like these get popular because stupid explorers come along and take superstition, legends and folklore way too far. Almost always are things like these the result of hysteria and misidentification... I'll give it some credit because the region seems to be very undisturbed by human presence though

To be honest in that case I think it's more a case about finding fossils and assuming they come from contemporary creatures. Which, to be fair, is an understandable misstake if you've never been taught about evolution.
Futurama did it best:

Bigfoot ... Endangered Mystery! In the dense forests of the Pacific Northwest dwells the strange and beautiful creature known as Bigfoot, perhaps.

Sadly, logging and human settlement today threaten what might possibly be his habitat. Although if it's not, they don't. Bigfoot populations require vast amounts of land to remain elusive in. They typically dwell just behind rocks but are also sometimes playful, bounding into thick fogs and out-of-focus areas.

Remember, it's up to us. Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist.

The end.
I refuse to believe something as big as Bigfoot could stay hidden all these years without being seen. Why would something that big hide anyways? He would wreck your shit if he saw you.
Quote by .Joker.
I refuse to believe something as big as Bigfoot could stay hidden all these years without being seen. Why would something that big hide anyways? He would wreck your shit if he saw you.

That's why I don't believe in bears.
Quote by blake1221
They go about finding the damn thing on the show about as ass backwards as possible.

And it doesn't help that they'll jump at anything as "It's Bigfoot! It's Bigfoot!" Really makes the whole cryptozoology study look like a bunch of bumbling fools. Personally I think that's just for the ratings. Do I think Bigfoot exists? It's possible, it was only until recently the Giant Panda and the Okapi were discovered.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by KnightBand
And it doesn't help that they'll jump at anything as "It's Bigfoot! It's Bigfoot!" Really makes the whole cryptozoology study look like a bunch of bumbling fools. Personally I think that's just for the ratings. Do I think Bigfoot exists? It's possible, it was only until recently the Giant Panda and the Okapi were discovered.

what the hell is Okapi?
to be air, a lot of Native American Tribes have old stories of things that were often a pretty accurate description of Bigfoot/Squatch. not that old stories are a source of factual evidence, but they may have been inspired by something real. early bear sightings?
thereare also native stories about "little people"....

Quote by Harvey Swick
what the hell is Okapi?

This is an Okapi.

They're about the size of a large horse, related to the giraffe and live in the Ituri Rainforest in Central Africa.

It was only officially recognised as a species in 1901, although it was known of from remains such as pieces of skin and a skull previous to that, and of course, the local inhabitants had known about them for thousands of years.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This is an Okapi.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I wish Bigfoot was in San Andreas, gosh I spent so much time looking for him, still not sure if he's there or not
Quote by marshmellow666
I wish Bigfoot was in San Andreas, gosh I spent so much time looking for him, still not sure if he's there or not

It didn't work for me in San Andreas.
West Ham United
Page 1 of 2