Anyone tried these strings out before? They are clearly way cheaper than any other brand for flatwounds. This would be my first set of flats though so I wouldn't know how to judge if I did get them. http://www.rondomusic.com/product4217.html
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I've never heard of them, but what I will say is that, as always, you'll get what you pay for. Don't skimp on strings, cheap strings are nearly always rubbish, so it's not worth it for the sake of about a tenner. Especially not for flats, which you're liable to have on your instrument for a long time.
Tried a set and I'm not impressed. Real dead sounding to me, even for flats. So far, I like the SIT Power Flats the best.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
Quote by Ziphoblat
I've never heard of them, but what I will say is that, as always, you'll get what you pay for. Don't skimp on strings, cheap strings are nearly always rubbish, so it's not worth it for the sake of about a tenner. Especially not for flats, which you're liable to have on your instrument for a long time.

I 100% agree with this.

I may buy a pair of cheap rounds, in a pinch... but flats are usually ALWAYS worth the investment. They should last you for a VERY long time, so i see little problem with paying for quality in them.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Alright. Kinda disappointed but does anyone have any recommendations for flats then? I don't want to spend that much cause I gotta get some new rounds too and those already cost $35.
Chromes always worked for me, I had them on my P bass, my J bass, and now my esquire and duo sonic. I have roto medium scale and guage flats on my mustang.
Quote by askrere
Chromes always worked for me, I had them on my P bass, my J bass, and now my esquire and duo sonic. I have roto medium scale and guage flats on my mustang.

I have Chromes on my Jazz and love them. I bought some Fender Flats for less than $20 before and used them on a P bass, they are pretty good but I like the quality of the Chromes better
Chromes it is then.
Chromes i prefer new. But, i like La'Bella better after a few months.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Still not 100% on this. I'm really just testing out flats for the first time. Is $50 a waste for that?
If you are unsure of flats as a whole, Fender has flats on MF for less than $20. It will give you an idea, but I don't like them as much as the Chromes I have on my Jazz.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?fA=a&fI=2002&fV=site1LABA&question=fender+flatwound

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?fA=a&fI=2002&fV=site1LABAA&fT=2002%3Asite1LAB&question=d+addario+chromes
Fender flats are alright for experimenting since they are cheap.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!