Been looking at these amps and to be honest they look really good for the money. You can get them brand new for £359. I would like to start gigging soon so it should be able handle that fine. I'm a fan of the gary moore, satriani, classic metal tone.

I think it would also be a huge step up from my line 6 spider 4 15 watt (lol).

I'm on the verge of buying so i just want some opinions on this specific amp.
yes it would be a huge step up from your current amp. gary moore tone may be tough to get with it. depends on which of gary's tones you want. the 80s metal era tone may be doable depending on what guitar you use (gary tended to use an old strat for the early 80s and humbucker guitars for the later 80s.
Quote by monwobobbo
yes it would be a huge step up from your current amp. gary moore tone may be tough to get with it. depends on which of gary's tones you want. the 80s metal era tone may be doable depending on what guitar you use (gary tended to use an old strat for the early 80s and humbucker guitars for the later 80s.

I use an epiphone les paul with dimarzio super distortion pickups. I prefer his late 80's tone.
You'd have a better chance pulling a Gary Moore tone with the 60. You need bucketloads of power amp distortion.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You'd have a better chance pulling a Gary Moore tone with the 60. You need bucketloads of power amp distortion.

I would get the 60 but it costs more than the 120 for some reason. 120 is probably on sale
Well, I guess you can pull two tubes - as long as you are running it into an external cab (or change the speakers to a higher impedance ones) - and you'd want a 4x12 (preferrably with EV's but greenbacks get you pretty close) for Gary's tone.
Personally, I'd go for a Marshall DSL50. Satriani and Gary's tones are very different though. For Gary you'd ideally want a JTM45 (although he did use DSL's a lot touring) whereas for Satriani you'd want a JSX/XXX.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well, I guess you can pull two tubes - as long as you are running it into an external cab (or change the speakers to a higher impedance ones) - and you'd want a 4x12 (preferrably with EV's but greenbacks get you pretty close) for Gary's tone.
Personally, I'd go for a Marshall DSL50. Satriani and Gary's tones are very different though. For Gary you'd ideally want a JTM45 (although he did use DSL's a lot touring) whereas for Satriani you'd want a JSX/XXX.

ah i see. Those amps are out of my price range though.

There is a possibilty of me getting a jet city 50 watt combofr dirt cheap. I don't know how it would manage these tones. maybe a few pedals in front of it ?
I'd rather not comment on the JCA50 because I'm not familiar with it enough.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Look for one of the JSX 50 heads used, they are very diffrent than the JSX everyone knows of, more of a classic roc style amp.
The vypyr tube is nice though and can cover lots of ground. I pesonaly have the L6 Spider Valve HD100, and IMO it is much better than the vypyr 120HD. but that is a personal thing
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It is definitely a personal thing as I don't really care for the Spider Valve.

If you want to cover that much ground I would definitely consider the Vypyr Tube. 60 or 120.

The Vypyrs have a Pre Amp Gain control, Post Volume control and a Master Volume control.

For Gary put the amp on Brit or Plexi and turn the Post Volume up, Pre down.

For Satriani put the amp on JSX or XXX and turn the Post Volume down and the Pre gain up.