Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, I have big confidence problems.
I had trouble telling a guitarist his strings were bowing his neck.
I don't speak up, when i really should. and I cant take any criticism. even though I am quite critical of myself.
I have been to Counseling ( need to ring up and book another appointment)
butr nothing seem to help. when it comes to Guitar tech stuff, Ww2, and pc/gaming/ hardware (amateur) I can talk for hours. anything else. well. waste of time.

any ideas?
I'd get that afro cut....sure to improve confidence in yourself
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Stop giving a shit about anything, anyone's opinions, live life for yourself, not others.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Take your pants off and look in a full length mirror and work up an erection. Look at your boner and remind yourself that there are men somewhere in the world who have a smaller **** than you.

Works for me every time.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Take your pants off and look in a full length mirror and work up an erection. Look at your boner and remind yourself that there are men somewhere in the world who have a smaller **** than you.

Works for me every time.

This man knows his shit

Berate women.

Cry.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by shadow__666

Works for me every time.

This.

Or you could just go totally crazy and berzerk once a day. Works even better if you apply the quote above
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Why doesn't everybody just **** each other all the time. Let's make the world one giant orgy.

I'm a Prog Head Finlandeero. (...and a happy Hagström owner.)
Quote by macaroni
Stop giving a shit about anything, anyone's opinions, live life for yourself, not others.

This.

Life is much easier when you aren't worrying about what everyone thinks of you.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Being confident takes practice. I used to think I was unable to do anything, and now I'm a confident (perhaps slightly arrogant) young man. Just tell yourself you can do it.
When you're home alone, just walk around with your dick dangling everywhere. Look at it, realize there are women in the world who want you and no one else. Call a girl, ask her for sex, if she says no, immediately hang up. After you're convinced you've got huge man bits, imagine yourself walking around naked all the time.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Just do it. It's that easy.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
In my experience it only takes one moment when you stand up for yourself. Say no to your boss, tell someone they're wrong. Just do it. It gets easier.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Lespauljames
Hey guys, I have big confidence problems.
I had trouble telling a guitarist his strings were bowing his neck.
I don't speak up, when i really should. and I cant take any criticism. even though I am quite critical of myself.
I have been to Counseling ( need to ring up and book another appointment)
butr nothing seem to help. when it comes to Guitar tech stuff, Ww2, and pc/gaming/ hardware (amateur) I can talk for hours. anything else. well. waste of time.

any ideas?

1. Get a big bag of M&M's.

2. Stand in front of a busy Walmart.

3. Throw the M&M's into the air and catch them in your mouth.

4. Continue until you don't give a damn if people are laughing at you.
Quote by seabear70

OT: Just don't care what people think of you. Don't listen to someone when they say you're 'weird' or something similar.

Ironically, if you take our advise then you wouldn't have actually taken our advise, which means you would, but. PARADOX!
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by seabear70

5. Profit

But OT, its all in the penis.
Slappa tha bass
Try to be drunk at all times. Being drunk makes me more confident.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Get drunk.

EDIT: GAH! Beat me too it by a minute!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
lolololol @ Snipelfritz.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by snipelfritz
Get drunk.

EDIT: GAH! Beat me too it by a minute!

i second that, get drunk. Brings out the best in all of us

Edit: ok then third it!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

This is generally how I do it.
Quote by Crazyedd123

OT: Just don't care what people think of you. Don't listen to someone when they say you're 'weird' or something similar.

Ironically, if you take our advise then you wouldn't have actually taken our advise, which means you would, but. PARADOX!

One of my friends says I'm weird but she says it in an honest way and says that when a person tells you the truth it's because they care.
Quote by Dregen
This is generally how I do it.

Quote by L2112Lif
I'm not seriously promoting drinking all the time, but incidentally, I actually asked out, charmed and first boned my current girlfriend in the midst of a drinking binge, I also decided to apply to my current job, which I love, drunk (but it is at a bar).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I'm not seriously promoting drinking all the time

Stop being a pussy.
Quote by L2112Lif
I actually also advocate the alcohol suggestion. I know when I'm drunk I'm so much better looking, stronger and smarter that I naturally gain even more confidence.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I actually also advocate the alcohol suggestion. I know when I'm drunk I'm so much better looking, stronger and smarter that I naturally gain even more confidence.

Right but you can't be drunk all the time. (inb4 Irish/Scottish users say you can)

If you need alcohol to overcome certain situations you're risking opening yourself up to a mental addiction of needing alcohol for all kinds of stressful situations. In the end that's all it is guys. You're stressing out over situations that need confidence.
Get a job which forces you to speak to people. I was never really that shy but having to constantly speak to the general public and come across as confident (worked as a salesman) really did me wonders.

It's all about practise. Don't make too much eye contact because it's awkward, but equally make enough so that you don't seem like you're easily startled and nervous. Making polite chit chat is actually really hard when you've got nothing in common, so it's all about asking very general questions and hoping to hit on something to chat about.

If you act confident, you will become confident.
Get interested in other things? I actually spend a lot of time reading stuff on the internet, whether it's wiki stuff (yes i know, i'm well aware of the way wiki works) or other random stuff. Like really, I'll read like anything, mostly science stuff, history. I'm weird like that, but I've found I'm actually able to relate more to certain conversations, especially with older people. Just sayin'

But overall, it seems to be a confidence thing for you? So, I don't know, just don't let people get to you, don't let them push you down. No matter what they say. Honestly 90% of the time it's not worth arguing, I just tend to just smirk and say ''ok''. If you're losing confidence because people step on you, you need to just get out of the way so they can walk their way into a wall, and if they keep trying to step on you, then step on them. You got feet too.
I dunno, I find that confidence is often linked with pride. I recommend that you think about, or find something that you are good at. What have you done that you can be proud of, that you'd be happy to share with others or perhaps even instruct? If nothing, then I suggest you really find something to be good at, to be prideful, and therefore to be confident of. Anything other than that is false confidence, IMHO.

To me, you have to have a reason to be confident. Whether it's just confidence in your own leadership or social ability, it's still a reason.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

This is the only thing that has ever worked for me
Page 1 of 2