I need an upgrade from my current Fender Rumble 75, it simply isn't powerful enough. Will the Gallien Krueger MB210 be good for practice at home and small shows? Or should I stray away from combo amps and get a head and a speaker set?

Lastly, the Mb210 comes in 500W at 4 ohms, but also 350W at 8 ohms, whats the difference between the two, and which one should I get?

Thanks for the help.
[Insert something clever here]
THE GK MB210 is one of THEE only combo amps i'd ever buy.

If i had the money i WOULD buy one. I fully intend to buy one when i do.

GK make my favorite solidstate amps. I just really like their tone. My main amps these days are a 400rb and 800rb. The MB series still retains the tone of the classics, but ups the wattage and allows a bit more tonal diversity.

The MB210 IS great for home, practice and shows due to the fact that it allows for an extension cab to be added. So, the standalone 210 should be fine for home... but if it's not enough for practice or a show... add on a 1x15 or 4x10 and you should be set for anything!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by 13Kelly13

Lastly, the Mb210 comes in 500W at 4 ohms, but also 350W at 8 ohms, whats the difference between the two, and which one should I get?

That is not something you get a choice over - the amp produces 500W at 4 ohms, and 350W at 8 ohms.

Put simply, if you use the combo on it's own the amp will pump 350W through the 2x10 cabinet (as it has an 8 ohm load). If you add a second 8 ohm cabinet (such as another 2x10), it will produce a 4 ohm load (1/8 + 1/8 = 1/4) and the amp will pump 250W through each cabinet (making a total of 500W).
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!