This is my review of the LTD H-308 & Schechter Omen-8

Spec.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Omen-8.aspx
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/h-308.html

Neck:

Omen-8 & Ltd H-308 to me they both felt about the same as thickness goes but the H-308 was a little faster to move around on but I liked the longer scale of the Omen-8 better yes it's only a inch but you can tell the difference.

The frets on both guitars was done up very nice I did not feel anything out of place and was very smooth and even. The H-308 had some very bad fret buzz (but that can be fixed with a good setup.)

The H-308 neck thru wins for the ease of higher fret past the 17 fret. Omen-8 bolt-on big heel and the way its cut out can get in the way.

Tuners:

This goes to the Omen-8 was very smooth and held tune thru out my testing. The H-308 was very stiff and seemed to catch at some spots (on all 8 tuners) also had a hard time keeping the guitar in tune while testing.

Body:

Both guitars felt good sitting or standing , knobs and switch did not get in the way and was very well placed. H-308 wins here the cuts and the way the guitar looks is a work of art. (Note you have to see it in person the pic do not show how this guitar looks like art).

Pickups:

Well this is a hard call here really depends on what you play I.E. lead playing H-308 wins big time here (EMG-808). But for rhythm to me H-308 is weak it's like they cut a lot of the bottom end out , boosted the treble and mid range. So if you're looking for the heavy chug sound you may not like what you hear. So Omen-8 wins for rhythm and the H-308 wins for lead playing.

Woods:

Check spec. I like both so it's not a big deal to me but others may feel different about the wood used.

Overall:

Both are very good guitars build wise they are both solid. That being said it will come down to what you want Omen-8 better for rhythm and H-308 for lead IMHO.

For me the Omen-8 wins due to it stay in tune thru out my testing and had that heavy chug sound and no fret buzz at all. H-308 most likely just needed a good setup as it was a floor model at GC .

Looks like I will not be upgrading my Omen-8 to the H-308 after playing it. I love my LTD MH-417 and was all for the H-308 till I played it. The Omen-8 to me held its own to the H-308.