Hey bassist,

I play gtr, and recently have had to do some gigs on bass, so i went and got myself a bass and i've had a handful of gigs on bass since then. i have NO idea what bass amps to even look at first. Now think about it, i play guitar for a living not bass so don't tell me to go get mark bass or ampeg stacks or whatever crazy amps there are. not saying they are bad, i know they're not, but i', not dropping a lot of money on something i don't play. i've been told to look into G&K, mid to high end acoustic, and a few others.

I'm not against it but not really looking to go down the DI box route either, I don't mind having one someday but i'd prefer an amp.

Any help you guys can be would be great

Thx
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
uhhhhh lets say........no more than 5 or 6, but preferably lower than that
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
try out mark bass or some ampeg stacks

theyre awesome amps and only run for about $1500...

jks, i dont know anyhing about bass amps
If you don't mind used, deals can be found for less than ...500 USD i'm guessing.... I found a used Ampeg 220w BA115HP for 380 shipping and all. Acoustic B200 half stack / combo is cheap and I played it for a short while (rehearsal, no gigging w/ it) Check Guitar Center and Craigslist
If you barely play bass, why buy your own gigging equipment? 99% of the time your amp will be going to the desk, so you may as well just go straight into the PA and use the monitoring system. Of course I don't know whether you're playing regularly with a PA, so if that's the case my apologies.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
A GK MB200 head $250 new, and the best 4 ohm cab you can get or two 8 ohms. A 4 ohm 2x10 and the head would make a small 200 watt rig, and it has DI so you could also just use it as a DI unit if needed. Only need to then invest in a Sansamp maybe for a varied sound.