Star

Soloist

That's better. These are the sorts of shapes that I like to see with a Charvel logo, not the LP style ones that they introduced the series with. Still a little too much blingy binding for my taste, but other than that, things are looking good.
This has made my day, Ive wanted a charvel star for so long but originals are so rare these days, cost a fortune too.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
they really should add teh star to the pro mod range

oh well, i got a US one recently for a killer price anyway

EDIT: abalone fail
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just checked the spec... they also seem to have completely un-80sed it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Charvel Schecters.

... not funny
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Yeah, there are still plenty of things about these that aren't quite right, but at least Charvel are doing proper Charvel shapes again.
i dunno

on the one hand it's cool because at least they're still thinking about the star

on the other hand the only real resemblance to the "classic" star is the shape

then again maybe the shape is what makes it a star

but still

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah i have a star now so it's immaterial to me

but seriously, yeah, they should just add one to the pro mod range (and in proper 80s style). that'd be awesome.

but having a modernised version in the desolation range, without having a more classic alternative, just seems weird... it'd be like fender selling superstrats but not vintage-spec strats.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They still Chinese made? I love the USA Charvels and the Japanese Pro-Mods, but I seriously can't stand the fact that the Desolations are crafted in China, especially with their price tag. Many here don't seem to mind it, but I kinda do (which is why I can't stand that my amp is Chinese made, despite how good it sounds).
^^

^ same here. I mean I don't care where it's made, but if it's made in china it should be cheaper. the dearest desolation models are only marginally cheaper than the pro mods, which makes the pro mods a no-brainer if you ask me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JesusCrisp
Charvel Schecters.

... not funny

My thoughts exactly.......
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Charvel Schecters.

... not funny

I thought that to start with aha

Star looks pretty cool, but surprisingly I'm not really diggin the soloist model, perhaps its the binding or the emgs, i dono
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Star shape and more neck-throughs at a (relatively) affordable price is a good thing. Though MIC at this price is a bad joke (MIA and MIJ Charvels are only what, £150 more, if that?) and the abalone needs to **** off.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
C-H-A-R-V-E-L

... I think somebody spelled Schecter wrong.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
First one sucks, second one is too Schecter-y.

EDIT: Guy above me beat me to the joke.
oh now hang on a minute

i'd prefer 22 frets, a neck pickup and maple board as an option, but that's not too bad.

still should be mij, though.

EDIT:

"Bridge Pickup: BooHeung BO-102JB Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)"

what teh **** is that?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah i mean it's not perfect or anything, but compared to the other schecter-alikes it's definitely a step (make that several steps) in the right direction.

Red would be cool (though my star's already red, i just mean red suits stars, i think). but white is pretty 80s-tastic too. and arguably the r/wood board suits the white better (or at least as well) as maple.

that being said, my star has a r/wood board and i was worried that it wouldn't look as good as maple, and in the flesh it looks pretty badass. ditto the pointy headstock.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 10, 2012,
What you really want is a neon pink one. Actually I've been thinking of making a gaudy one-pickup Star via Warmoth. Maybe this'll be the way to go.

I expect the pickup is a Korean or Chinese pickup modelled after the SD JB/un-branded Duncan Designed pickup. They usually are.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
yeah it did say "JB" somewhere in the description.

Just seemed a bit weird when the other ones (which were a similar price) were using name-brand pickups. I mean it doesn't cost *that* much to swap only one pickup, but it's the principle of the thing.

I actually really like the yellow and blue one with teh diamond pattern sorta going round in a circle. though i'd probably get dizzy just looking at it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
Why Are They Made In China???

Because it's dirt cheap to have large numbers of things made there quickly.
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
Why Are They Made In China???

Quote by MrFlibble
Because it's dirt cheap to have large numbers of things made there quickly.

As with most cheap/intermediate guitars, the money is in the name and shape. If you want a rockin' Charvel on a budget, save up for a used San Dimas