Page 1 of 2
Link

Quote by The important part
According to a release that Allred sent out, a man approached Fournier the night of the incident, expressing a sexual interest in her. According to Allred, Fournier had made it very clear that she was not interested in him and retreated to her room to get away.

That same man, according to the suit, later went to the front desk, said that he was Fournier's husband, and obtained a key from hotel staff to her room.

The staff did not ask him for any identification or proof that he was in fact Fournier's husband, according to the lawsuit. He then proceeded to her room and tried to molest her. She awoke, grabbed a housecoat, and ran screaming from the room.

"To this day, I still suffer from the memories of that night and I am still not able to put it behind me," Fournier said.

She said that, because of the incident, she left her career and moved from New York to be closer to her family.

I'm not really understanding why she had to quit her job, beyond the fact that she can probably get the court to make him pay the checks she "lost" because she quit.

Discuss
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
She quit her job for more sympathy so she'd win more
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

She got a womens rights lawyer and quit her job?

Hotel is lazy, she's an attention whore. No sympathy for either side.
Lol @ quitting your job over a scare like that.

I have been hit by a truck at a stop sign on my bike and settled for $80 + a new bike, that is bull to give up on life in the name of trauma just because of a close call with something bad happened.
Last edited by garden of grey at Jan 10, 2012,
She's being way too over-dramatic. That's actually quite a funny story. That shouldn't cause you 'mental scarring' or anything like that. Hell knows what'd happen to her if something genuinely traumatic happened. She's obviously just making it up to dig for cash out of the lawsuit.
I'm tellin' ya, lobbying is killing America

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
She is overreacting, but with all the feminists that guys life will be ruined.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
"tried to molest her"... Why is yahoo scared to use the word rape to describe a man who plotted to enter a woman's hotel room and have forced sex with her?!

Other than that disturbing trivialisation of the incident, this is really pretty ****ed up. I hope she at least sues the hotel for letting some drunk stranger have access to her locked bedroom.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
"tried to molest her"... Why is yahoo scared to use the word rape to describe a man who plotted to enter a woman's hotel room and have forced sex with her?!

Other than that disturbing trivialisation of the incident, this is really pretty ****ed up. I hope she at least sues the hotel for letting some drunk stranger have access to her locked bedroom.

/thread
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

he was probably too drunk to get it up anyway

not guilty
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Dude should be charged with attempted rape, and the hotel should be charged with responsibility IMO.
Maybe her job requires her to travel a lot and shes developed a fear of staying in hotel rooms. Maybe that's why she quit her job, It's not a far-fetched theory. I agree she deserves restitution, but I don't think anyone deserves 20 million plus in compensation, which is usually what people get when they sue big businesses and corporations. This hotels reputation is what's going to take the biggest hit.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by garden of grey
Lol @ quitting your job over a scare like that.

I have been hit by a truck at a stop sign on my bike and settled for $80 + a new bike, that is bull to give up on life in the name of trauma just because of a close call with something bad happened.

€80? You got ripped off good sir!
Quote by frankv
€80? You got ripped off good sir!

I have no interesting in suing people for a living just because something little happens to me, I just made the guy give me $ for the cost of the bike and $80 for my time. I only got a bruise on my leg and all I had to do was buy a new tire which was $20, I'm not going to **** over some blue collar guy just because he was driving like an idiot.
Quote by garden of grey
I have no interesting in suing people for a living just because something little happens to me, I just made the guy give me $ for the cost of the bike and $80 for my time. I only got a bruise on my leg and all I had to do was buy a new tire which was $20, I'm not going to **** over some blue collar guy just because he was driving like an idiot.

And what did he learn from that?

Nothing, he will just keep driving like an idiot until he kills someone.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by garden of grey

+1

and +1 to the other post , which is +2
Quote by son_of_bodom
Maybe her job requires her to travel a lot and shes developed a fear of staying in hotel rooms. Maybe that's why she quit her job, It's not a far-fetched theory. I agree she deserves restitution, but I don't think anyone deserves 20 million plus in compensation, which is usually what people get when they sue big businesses and corporations. This hotels reputation is what's going to take the biggest hit.

Yeah I agree. It would certainly make you feel less safe about hotels if you thought some rapist could barge in at any moment. I can understand the views on that, but think it really highlights how a tiny error of judgement can go horribly wrong.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

+1

People are treating this as if some guy accidentally walked into the room, turned around and went back out again.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Don't they have latches and those chain things to prevent this sort of thing from happening, I know they're not perfect or always put on right, but they help.

This is a good reminder to fully lock your room in a hotel, especially after a drunk puts the moves on you.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 10, 2012,
Quote by stratkat
Don't they have latches and those chain things to prevent this sort of thing from happening, I know they're not perfect or always put on right, but they help.

This is a good reminder to fully lock your room in a hotel, especially after a drunk puts the moves on you.

I've been to a lot of hotels where they're fully accessible via keycard.

I think every Hilton I've stayed at is like that.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I've been to a lot of hotels where they're fully accessible via keycard.

I think every Hilton I've stayed at is like that.
Bring a pad lock, latch, screws, and a cordless drill>>
Quote by stratkat
Bring a pad lock, latch, screws, and a cordless drill>>

Reminded me of the time I bought my friend a stuffed deer head at a flea market in Colorado, and we mounted it on the wall of our hotel room and left it there.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Reminded me of the time I bought my friend a stuffed deer head at a flea market in Colorado, and we mounted it on the wall of our hotel room and left it there.

Was gonna say something on topic but then I read this and lost my train of thought.
According to this article she's an investment banker, and if the picture is anything to go by... I see how alcohol gives one beer goggles, poor guy...

http://www.smh.com.au/world/room-key-given-to-drunk-investment-banker-sues-over-sex-assault--in-hotel-20120110-1pslp.html
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Reminded me of the time I bought my friend a stuffed deer head at a flea market in Colorado, and we mounted it on the wall of our hotel room and left it there.

Victorious!

OT: It's partially her fault for not fully securing her door. You shouldn't just be able to get in with the card key.. As stratkat said, they have latches and some even have deadbolts..

+1 to the person calling attention *****. She's taking advantage of being taken advantage of.

She's terrible. Trying to make people responsible for the things they do! How awful!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
What form of identification would have proven he was her husband? Many women keep their own last names now.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
What form of identification would have proven he was her husband? Many women keep their own last names now.
They could have called up to her room and asked her if the last names weren't the same.

I'm sure she'd rather be woken up than raped.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I can imagine how traumatizing that might be. She should get as much as she goes to court for
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Ur all $h1t

My wife has a form of military ID that says, since she isn't in the military but rather married into it, that I am her spouse on the card.

At any rate, like guy above me said, they should have called her.
Quote by element4433
She's terrible. Trying to make people responsible for the things they do! How awful!

I agree that she should sue, I just don't get quitting her job.
Quote by element4433
They could have called up to her room and asked her if the last names weren't the same.

I'm sure she'd rather be woken up than raped.

Which, if the person at the Front Desk was wrong, would offend both parties: "What? Don't you trust me? Do you think I'm some kind of Rapist? How dare you! I pay good money to stay here. I demand to see your manager".
"How could you have woken me for such stupid reason, my husband and I paid good money for this room and we deserve to have access to it without being harassed".

I'm sure she would have preferred to have been woken up than raped, however if he was her husband rape isn't going to enter into her mind. The choice is then between being woken up and not being woken up. Also, being woken up because you suspect her husband is a rapist. People don't take kindly to that. The following week your TripAdvisor rating is down due to "Insulting and Unhelpful Staff".

I work at a Hotel Front Desk. It is actually a difficult situation if the person didn't happen to be on when they checked in and therefore doesn't know whether or not its her husband. You generally are not supposed to be suspicious of paying customers.
Bear in mind that 99.99% of the time in this situation the guy is her husband. I feel extremely bad for the worker in this situation, because pretty much everyone else would make the same mistake.
To be honest, if a guy comes to me, looks legit, and knows the name and room number I have absolutely no reason to suspect him. If I were to suspect everyone we wouldn't have much repeat custom.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jan 10, 2012,
Quote by garden of grey
I agree that she should sue, I just don't get quitting her job.

Because attempted rape can mentally scar people.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Which, if the person at the Front Desk was wrong, would offend both parties: "What? Don't you trust me? Do you think I'm some kind of Rapist? How dare you! I pay good money to stay here. I demand to see your manager".
"How could you have woken me for such stupid reason, my husband and I paid good money for this room and we deserve to have access to it without being harassed".

I'm sure she would have preferred to have been woken up than raped, however if he was her husband rape isn't going to enter into her mind. The choice is then between being woken up and not being woken up. Also, being woken up because you suspect her husband is a rapist. People don't take kindly to that. The following week your TripAdvisor rating is down due to "Insulting and Unhelpful Staff".

I work at a Hotel Front Desk. It is actually a difficult situation if the person didn't happen to be on when they checked in and therefore doesn't know whether or not its her husband. You generally are not supposed to be suspicious of paying customers.

Bear in mind that 99.99% of the time in this situation the guy is her husband. I feel extremely bad for the worker in this situation, because pretty much everyone else would make the same mistake.

Whenever I've booked a hotel, they've always required the quantity of, names of, and information for everyone who will be staying in that room, which usually ends up being just me and my wife. With that in mind, whenever my wife or have been in a situation where we've needed a new key, the hotel has checked information to verify that we are who we say we are.

That's how it should work. I'm not saying that that system can't be gotten around as well, but there should certainly be more of a deliberate verification process than was performed at the hotel mentioned in the article.
Page 1 of 2