I am looking for a cheap humbucker sized p90 to put in the neck for my sg. I am also changing my bridge with a Kent Armstrong Motherbucker if that matters. Which would be better? I play alot of blues rock and metal.
I recently installed a gfs mean 90 in the neck of a guitar, it's pretty awesome. A little bit too bassy with heavy strings, but it has a really nice detailed clean sound. Sounds like magic around 8th-17th fret, but it could have a bit more bite. The output is a lot lower than the motherbucker, but could make for a nice contrast. I'm assuming youre using the motherbucker for metal and the p90 for blues.
I'm assuming youre using the motherbucker for metal and the p90 for blues.

thats exactly what im going for. what kind of guitar did you put it in? and is it good enough for zeppelin? Also is it a good idea to split coil the motherbucker? i mean, it is wound like 2 humbuckers...
You might be better off with a paf style for zeppelin, the mean 90 in the neck is a bit dark for zeppelin imo, unless you use light strings. I've never used a motherbucker, but I can't see splitting it being useful. See if you can find somebody via google who has tapped a motherbucker.
can you make any reccomendations for a paf? could it just make sense to leave my stock neck for blues, jazz, rock, etc.