Asking how to get a backtrack sound is basically like asking how to get a slipknot sound.

but a Marshall JCM 900 or JCM 2000 in hardcore has always been my personal favorite. Peavey 6505+ would always do the trick too.
budget - £800
Hardcore/melodic hardcore
Gig
Birmingham UK
Peavey jsx, orange ppc412

doubt any of that helps but you asked so yeah,

I've never really looked into marshall before, i've always been a peavey guy. If anything I started looking at blackstar before marshall, i just never really liked them but obviously for hardcore they seem great.
I'm not looking into a 6505, think they're really overrated compared to what else is on the market, possibly a 5150 though

Just been looking into the marshall 6100 and jvm, would they be a good choice? the jvm seems to be a lot thinner sounding than the 6100 though?
the 6505 and the 5150 are the same amp
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by JakeLTD
budget - £800
Hardcore/melodic hardcore
Gig
Birmingham UK
Peavey jsx, orange ppc412

doubt any of that helps but you asked so yeah,

I've never really looked into marshall before, i've always been a peavey guy. If anything I started looking at blackstar before marshall, i just never really liked them but obviously for hardcore they seem great.
I'm not looking into a 6505, think they're really overrated compared to what else is on the market, possibly a 5150 though

Just been looking into the marshall 6100 and jvm, would they be a good choice? the jvm seems to be a lot thinner sounding than the 6100 though?

A 6505 ia 5150. Overrated is such a silly word. People play this gear because it works. Whats so wrong with your JSX though?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
There's nothing wrong with my jsx, i love it to pieces haha
I just want another amp to mess around with that will do the ballsier rhythms for hardcore stuff better
One that's an all round good amp would be an even bigger bonus, if it's out of my budget then i'll contemplate selling the jsx or something idk
Quote by JakeLTD
There's nothing wrong with my jsx, i love it to pieces haha
I just want another amp to mess around with that will do the ballsier rhythms for hardcore stuff better
One that's an all round good amp would be an even bigger bonus, if it's out of my budget then i'll contemplate selling the jsx or something idk

Hey man I feel you. I wouldn't sell your JSX though. I would maybe check out the Marshall JCM 2000 or 900. Do check out the 5150/6505 though.
edit: Or this!
http://www.thomann.de/gb/evh_5150_iii_50_watt_head_ivr.htm
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Jan 10, 2012,
Baron K2, Sovtek Mig 100, 5150, 5150 III mini, Engl Fireball 60, JCA 100hdm
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
errrr you should be fine with your JSX, cant see that you'd be getting anywhere better on the market with £800. £1300 would score you an ENGL Powerball/FireBall 100 tho

and 6505/5150 is the same thing, i dont like them but they're still good amps. they do what they do well, i personally just dont like them.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
B-52 LG 100, bro. Solid state, but my God the tone! Ballsy bass with treble and mids that don't drastically alter your sound.
Quote by AsOneIStand
B-52 LG 100, bro. Solid state, but my God the tone! Ballsy bass with treble and mids that don't drastically alter your sound.

you should do a video or sound clip so we can hear it dude.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
you should do a video or sound clip so we can hear it dude.

Don't have a cam bro.
Quote by AsOneIStand
Don't have a cam bro.

ohh bummer.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Hey man I feel you. I wouldn't sell your JSX though. I would maybe check out the Marshall JCM 2000 or 900. Do check out the 5150/6505 though.
edit: Or this!
http://www.thomann.de/gb/evh_5150_iii_50_watt_head_ivr.htm

Thanks man i'll look into the 2000 and 900
I've seen a few of those evh 5150s about, is there any difference with them to the standard 5150 besides the exterior?
Quote by JakeLTD
Thanks man i'll look into the 2000 and 900
I've seen a few of those evh 5150s about, is there any difference with them to the standard 5150 besides the exterior?

Different maker, Built by fender, and the cleans are much nicer.

Here are a couple clips of the 100 watt head but their shouldn't be that much of a difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB9BGjB72QY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3CmgW54c4
Quote by barden1069
Have you tried using something like a TS-9/808 as a boost for the JSX? It would be way cheaper than a new amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2YGRqNP0g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One of the guitarists of this band runs a regular, pre 2010, 3ch dual recto boosted by a TS9 tubescreamer, and thier live tone is better that that track.

My band opened for tem once, thats how I know them/ thier gear

So obviously, TS I reccomend a 3ch recto
Quote by Seanthesheep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2YGRqNP0g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One of the guitarists of this band runs a regular, pre 2010, 3ch dual recto boosted by a TS9 tubescreamer, and thier live tone is better that that track.

My band opened for tem once, thats how I know them/ thier gear

So obviously, TS I reccomend a 3ch recto

That band isn't that bad, but when I think of Hardcore, I think of stuff like Sick of it All and Paint it Black. Horizon strikes me as more of a scremo/metalcore-ish style of band.
Dual Recto would work fine though.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I like Fender Deluxe amps for their trebly bite. Run a noisy distortion or fuzz pedal in front of them and you'll have a noise,raunchy and screaming sound.

This is mainly for a more old school sound though, for modern sounds i'd recommend a Marshall or Peavey.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Last edited by Gord@k at Jan 10, 2012,
I'm definitely not after Horizon's kind of tone, refer to my original post for samples of what i'm after!
hes thinkign like VOD type shit right? sick of it all? minor threat?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
There's nothing wrong with the jsx, i just genuinely want another amp and i want the new amp to ideally smash that sound easy
Horizons is metalcore, the jsx definitely smashes that haha
And yeah man that's more like it slightly ballsier though, not as punky if that makes sense? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_CV4JqSRgI that kinda tone
6505 or JCM900 + a boost for that type of tone in my opinion.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by JakeLTD
There's nothing wrong with the jsx, i just genuinely want another amp and i want the new amp to ideally smash that sound easy
Horizons is metalcore, the jsx definitely smashes that haha
And yeah man that's more like it slightly ballsier though, not as punky if that makes sense? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_CV4JqSRgI that kinda tone

ohh just naming hardcore bands that i like lol. well and plenty other like old hatebreed, candiria, overcast, integrity, buried alive, terror, vod, earth cris, blood has been shed, the bled, etid,old dillinger. you get the idea. its hard as shit for me to chose an amp because i wanna jump from beatles to metallica to elliott smith to vod to radiohead to decide. i have too many music tastes.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
haha yeah im slightly like that, i feel my jsx can cover most genres fairly well, its an extremely versatile amp
I just want a full blown face melter of a hardcore amp so i have my jsx to play through for other things
sweet dude. what did you decide on?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Like I said 6505/5150 or boosted JCM900 for hardcore tones.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
checkout americnmusicsupply.com. good selection and payment options.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Hes in the UK
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM