ok so i wanna practice with a metronome 'the song im learning is shout by motley crue iv researched and i know the song is 4/4 im still not entirely sure the meaning of this but i no it basically means the timing of the song works in 4 beats

iv listened to the song with my metronome beside me which i have set to 95bpm which iv researched is the bpm of this song.i had the metronome set to 4 beats and his it synched with the song it seems to me that every 4 beats or 8 beats the guitar licks end and repeat or something new kicks in chorus to verse etc...

sooooo the chorus is OPEN A OPEN A POWER CHORD OPEN A OPEN A POWER CHORD

this takes 4 beats..

it then goes OPEN A OPEN A POWER CHORD SMALL LITTLE LICK WHICH ENDS EXACTLY ON 4th BEAT then chorus repeats

so to learn this song in correct time am i too practice at a slower bpm on my metronome whilst hitting all the correct notes and to stick to the beat ie for the 4 beats i still only play what is the played in the full song even tho my 4 beats will be slower than that in the song?

sorry for all the info i just really wanna play the and learn the thing right!
Yes, you can do that at a lower bpm if you can keep up initially. Just keep gradually increasing the speed and you'll get there
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
wah ha so im right great stuff ok last question the number underneath the second 4 iv read it represents the note so does that mean in a 4 beat riff each note is hit on the beat ie lets say the notes in the lick are OPEN A OPEN A POWER CHORD like iv said in the song would this mean that on the 1st beat i hit the OPEN A on the second beat i hit the OPEN A and on the third beat i hit the POWER CHORD.....Correct?
Last edited by wld-kid at Jan 10, 2012,
ok just tried it there with the metronome and found that the maximum speed i can play the song without he metronome is not the maximum speed i can plan with the metronome'i have found myself having to slow down my playing just to maje sure i can keep the right beat with the metronome its a bit annoying but i guess il have to do it this way as its the right way to build timing
yeah you gotta be able to play it slow before you play it fast...its the same for everyone

good song by the way...
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.