Hello guys what would be the best way to pick the following licks. I mean in U D U D thingie..

e|-12h16p12----11-11h15p11----10-10h14p10----9-9h13p9----8-|
B|----------15-------------14-------------13----------12---|
G|---------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------|

e|-8h12p8----7-7h11p7----6-6h10p6---5-5h9p5---5----|
B|--------11----------10----------9---------8---5~-|
G|-------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------|

I was thinking of U D D U? Is that correct way? I don't want to learn myself on the wrong way to later find out I was wrong.
In the eye of the tornado , blow me away!
D U D D U D D U etc. etc. is how I would play it. Do whatever is comfortable and works best for you though. Seems like that is the most efficient though.
Is that Peace Sells? If it is (which is likely because I haven't seen that type of lick elsewhere) then it's most efficient considering the speed to play it how jimmyslashpage said, though it would be possible but with a lot more practice to work it up to speed picking each note individually.
Quote by TheRampantWhale
Is that Peace Sells? If it is (which is likely because I haven't seen that type of lick elsewhere) then it's most efficient considering the speed to play it how jimmyslashpage said, though it would be possible but with a lot more practice to work it up to speed picking each note individually.

Yes that is indeed peace sells intro solo. I was wrong then. I always thought doing up then down. Thanks for input.
In the eye of the tornado , blow me away!