I am on the verge of purchasing this amp. I'm looking for an amp that is a big upgrade from a spider 4 and can handle pedals well. I've seen chappers nail the satriani tone with this amp.

The only problem is that it's 5 watts so i guess it's not going to be very loud at all. I believe its all tubes though so you might be able to hear the full potential of the tubes at low volumes. I intend on using it mainly for bedroom pratcie but also the ocasional small gig. Would the amp still maintain a decent tone even when mic'd up for a gig ?
I believe it is what they call a hybrid. Has tubes mixed in with solid state parts. Though I only had the HT-5H for a short time, I can tell you it could get very loud. As for gigs, not sure. Volume shouldn't be a problem with it mic'd up. I don't see why it being mic'd would affect the tone in any negative way.

That said, how much are you looking to pay? The regulars here may be able to pick you out a better amp for the price.
Quote by lemurflames
I believe it is what they call a hybrid. Has tubes mixed in with solid state parts. Though I only had the HT-5H for a short time, I can tell you it could get very loud. As for gigs, not sure. Volume shouldn't be a problem with it mic'd up. I don't see why it being mic'd would affect the tone in any negative way.

That said, how much are you looking to pay? The regulars here may be able to pick you out a better amp for the price.

it was either between the blackstar ht5, peavey vypyr tube 120 or jet city 50w jca5212rc. well, those are the three i have in mind.

looking for a gary moore, satch high gain kinda sound with good cleans.

£350-£400 max budget
is £400 teh absolute max?

thomann does the traynor ycv50b for ~£480 or so, and while i have no idea how good its low volume tones are, it'd presumably be a lot better for gigging. far as i'm aware (i've only tried the 20 and 40 watt versions, in other words) it's marshally in voicing, too (which is what you want for satch).

pick up a harley benton vintage od (29 euro, tubescreamer clone) on thomann while you're at it and it should easily be able to do satch.

EDIT: obviously if you're already stretching to reach £400 then that might not be possible. but if you aren't, or could save a little more by waiting a little longer, then if you ask me it makes more sense to get something which'll do what you want rather than something which might not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?