It's been over a year since i uploaded my last composition so I thought I'd upload this more recent one and try become more active again.

This is your cliché rock song in the style of AC/DC so expect plenty of power chords and simple drum lines!.

I'm curious about what you guys think of the riffs and overall feel of the song and as you can see there is no vocal line because I can never come up with something that has some substance to it so if someone feels like taking it upon themselves to compose a vocal melody please be my guest.

As always if any of you feel it's difficult to describe or show me something in words i have no problems with you editing it and uploading the file again to show me exactly what you meant but that's up to yourself.

So here it is. I look forward to the critique and getting back into hearing other peoples stuff (be sure to leave a link to the song you want me to C4C in your post).

Thanks as always
Attachments:
The Revolutionary.gp5
The Revolutionary.gp4
The Revolutionary.mid
(Sorry it's taken me a while to crit this, but here I go )
Overall, the main chord progression (E -> Eb -> D) during the verses is highly catchy. The chorus does a good job of keeping me interesting in the song, and wanting it to go on, while catching some extra power.

The solo was also very good, very regular hard rock style. However, something you could've done is lead the verse 3 on bar 99 in with the lead guitar solo. I could imagine a nice little lick played over just a few bars of that.

Lastly, the little ending you had was sadly anti-climatic. You had a wonderful start to an outro solo that could be faded, and instead it just sort of dies. I would suggest trying to carry that on a little bit.

Also, the bass line for the whole song is very blah, in my opinion. It follows the guitar too strictly. Maybe throw in some E5 arpeggios on the bass during the verse, if you could fit that in, perhaps right at the start? Although with this genre, I guess as long as the bass is following the bass drum, it's okay, since the bass isn't the primary instrument

btw, be looking forward to another post by me, I have some more song ideas to upload
Quote by Lord_Hondros
Sorry it's taken me a while to crit this, but here I go

A while? i only left my comment on your song yesterday but thanks for finding this even though my signature was linking to the wrong place!.

Quote by Lord_Hondros
Overall, the main chord progression (E -> Eb -> D) during the verses is highly catchy. The chorus does a good job of keeping me interesting in the song, and wanting it to go on, while catching some extra power.

Cheers, it's always nice to hear a bit of good feedback in among any criticisms.

Quote by Lord_Hondros
The solo was also very good, very regular hard rock style. However, something you could've done is lead the verse 3 on bar 99 in with the lead guitar solo. I could imagine a nice little lick played over just a few bars of that.

Yeah I can picture in my head quite a few songs that let the solo leak into the next verse/chorus section so I will give it a wee shot and see if it works or not.

Quote by Lord_Hondros
Lastly, the little ending you had was sadly anti-climatic. You had a wonderful start to an outro solo that could be faded, and instead it just sort of dies. I would suggest trying to carry that on a little bit.

Completely agree with you on this point because even when my dad listened to it he made the same comment. I actually had planned to make that section a bit of an outro that's why that initial lick is there. So maybe it was just a matter of uploading this a little too pre-emptively.

Quote by Lord_Hondros
Also, the bass line for the whole song is very blah, in my opinion. It follows the guitar too strictly. Maybe throw in some E5 arpeggios on the bass during the verse, if you could fit that in, perhaps right at the start? Although with this genre, I guess as long as the bass is following the bass drum, it's okay, since the bass isn't the primary instrument

Again I agree with you. Because it's a rock piece my thinking was that it would be sufficient enough just following the guitar. Without any vocal line the repetitiveness and "mundaneness" is highlighted. So I'll try spice it up a bit before the next upload and hopefully get a vocal line down to make it more complete.

Quote by Lord_Hondros
btw, be looking forward to another post by me, I have some more song ideas to upload

Look forward to it man!, when you get them up be sure to throw me a comment on my profile page and I'll be sure to check it out and do another C4C. Again, thanks for the crit!.
Intro: The riff is great but to me it sounds a little too repetitive without "anything else to it", if you would add a intro-lead/solo or maybe even some vocals to it i think it would be better.

Verse: Good chord progression, it's catchy with a rock feeling, good stuff.

Solo: The solo is my favorite part of the song, however i would have started the solo with the bar-83, and probably move bar 75-83 somewhere else in the solo. Probably just because i love to kick off a solo with just bending a note a few times . Anyway, the solo itself is great, just what you expect from this kind of music.

Overall it's a good song, with some good vocals it can become a really great song.

Crit mine ?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511765
Last edited by vismbr at Jan 14, 2012,