Aerosmith is my absolute favorite band and I didn't see a post dedicated to them so here it is! I love them for Steven Tyler's amazing singing and Joe Perry's awesome guitar solos. I like how they've got a bluesy rock feel. I've always felt they're one of the more unique rock bands out there. So what do you guys think?
Quote by bluefootdboobie
Aerosmith is my absolute favorite band and I didn't see a post dedicated to them so here it is! I love them for Steven Tyler's amazing singing and Joe Perry's awesome guitar solos. I like how they've got a bluesy rock feel. I've always felt they're one of the more unique rock bands out there. So what do you guys think?

Sure, I like Aerosmith. They have managed to combine rock and funk and blues into a wonderful mix. However, they have not really put out any new music in quite a while.

ron666
Quote by ron666
Sure, I like Aerosmith. They have managed to combine rock and funk and blues into a wonderful mix. However, they have not really put out any new music in quite a while.

ron666

Wait a few months
Aerosmith is one of the few remaining classic bad boy rock bands. They were truly at their best in the mid 70's "Toys In The Attic" era.

So many modern artists credit Aerosmith as an inspiration it's just rediculous.

For my money it dosen't get much better than "Sweet Emotion," or "Dream On," and their cover of "Come Together" is imo far superior to the original.

I haven't had the chance to see them play live yet, but with a new album on the horizon, I'm hopefull.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Petey D
For my money it dosen't get much better than "Sweet Emotion," or "Dream On," and their cover of "Come Together" is imo far superior to the original.

Check out their cover of Helter Skelter if you haven't already. It kicks ass.
Aerosmith is one of the definitive party bands, know matter what situation or mood you're in, you can always listen to them. My personal fav is "Rocks", a solid yet non-chalantly loose feel from start to finish is what grabs me most about that record. The way Joe and Brad go back and forth, riffing some dirty blues licks over a tight rhythm section, "Rocks" is a gem that will withstand the test of time, no doubt. "Rocks" truly makes up for the fact that they haven't come out with anything in a while. "Toys in the Attic" comes in a close second place. I even got my 6 year old brothers into them, they can't get enough! Makes me feel good knowing they'll be raised into good music (Joe Perry is their idol, aside from me of course :p)
Quote by Petey D
Aerosmith is one of the few remaining classic bad boy rock bands. They were truly at their best in the mid 70's "Toys In The Attic" era.

So many modern artists credit Aerosmith as an inspiration it's just rediculous.

I haven't had the chance to see them play live yet, but with a new album on the horizon, I'm hopefull.

Well i dont blame all those bands for crediting Aerosmith! They're dirty and sleazy, just good nasty Rock N Roll. Guns n roses, at least during Appetite, totally influenced by aerosmith. Definetely one of the great Rock bands of the Classic era, Dream on is still one of the most inspirational songs i have ever heard.
Aerosmith was unbelievable in the 70's. When Joe Perry left (and then came back) in the 80's, they sobered up and starting putting out overproduced pop-rock, with an occasional good tune thrown in. Toys in the Attic is one of the all-time greats.
Aerosmith is one of the best, but I feel as if Joe Perry never got nearly enough credit, mainly due to Steven Tyler's much larger want to be in the spotlight. It's like George Harrison; largely overshadowed by other bandmates and still doesn't get enough credit.
Their first 5 albums were just killer, but Rocks or Toys is my favorite. After the 80s era started it felt too poppy for me. But this new album will be old skool Aerosmith! An hopefully a show in Wisconsin for me.

Quote by meh217
Aerosmith is one of the best, but I feel as if Joe Perry never got nearly enough credit, mainly due to Steven Tyler's much larger want to be in the spotlight. It's like George Harrison; largely overshadowed by other bandmates and still doesn't get enough credit.

I feel that Brad, Tom, and Joey never got the credit they deserved. Brad played a majority of the solos, and Tom is just downright ****ing awesome!