So, lately I've been working on my pinch harmonics, but I can't go from a regular note to a harmonic just like that, any tips?
Practise practise practise. Practise to a metronome going between normal notes to the harmonic.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Agreed. Also, as you probably know, pinch harmonicing in different spots on the strings will produce different harmonic sounds, and each fret kinda has a different "sweet spot" which produces the best (at least in my experience) so find all the "sweet spots" and practice practice practice on them, then one day you'll be pinching it like dimebag himself! RIP.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Practise practise practise. Practise to a metronome going between normal notes to the harmonic.

+1

Doesn't matter how slow you start.. If it means 40 bpm to play 2 quarter notes back to back then so be it. It will come man, stick with it!

Just practice songs that have a lot of pinches. Like anything by Black Label Society. After not too long you should be able to go between 'normal' notes and pinches
i had to pick up a guitar just, to figure out how i do it
I tilt my wrist, so my thumb stays in the same place on the pic for harmonics all the time, (even when playing clean stuff) i just move my whole hand by twisting my wrist to pinch.
this is prob because i used to improv over heavier songs and used a lot harmonics and i guess i just got used to playing that way.
as said above, there are 'sweet spots' i found it easier on D and G strings with 10's, but with practice you start to get 'used' to where you pic and how you pic on different parts of the guitar, and it becomes ind of 'second nature'
Hope this helps
T.
Cort M600
Tele Classic Vibe
Les Paul Custom
SG G-400
Laney GH100TI full stack
Laney TF700 11 half stack
Last edited by tmjns796 at Jan 11, 2012,