so this weekend my band is playing a pretty large gig(for us, that is). its a battle of the bands with over 500 tickets already sold.

never rocking for more than 150-200, ive obviously got some nerves goin on.

i was just wondering how some of you deal with pre show gitters?
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
If you're well prepared, have you set down and know the songs back-to-front, those nerves will disappear sometime during the first song, you'll get a kick of adrenaline and start enjoying yourself.

However if you're not prepared, nerves will take over, and destroy your gig.

So basically preparing is the way to go. Also the more you play gigs, the less nervous you are about playing them.

Good luck.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Basically what they guy above me said.

By any chance, are you playing in the Mississauga/Toronto area on the 20th, if this is what this post is for? There's a BOTB then and I assume tickets have already been sold a lot, at least 500.
Quote by Vermillionpart2
Basically what they guy above me said.

By any chance, are you playing in the Mississauga/Toronto area on the 20th, if this is what this post is for? There's a BOTB then and I assume tickets have already been sold a lot, at least 500.

we know the material, its just jitters.

i AM playing in toronto, down on 93 Charles St west. but its this friday. if youre in the area come check it out. all proceeds go to a charity

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/156801194417420/

Thanks for the reassurance guys
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Pretty much the same as above, get excited instead of nervous!

Also, I've played a handful of gigs of that size and bigger and the lights should be bright enough that you can't see much past the first few rows except for shadows, which helps haha.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Pretty much the same as above, get excited instead of nervous!

Also, I've played a handful of gigs of that size and bigger and the lights should be bright enough that you can't see much past the first few rows except for shadows, which helps haha.

i was hoping that would happen
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
Quote by supersize
i was hoping that would happen

Haha well it all depends on how good the lighting rig is and how low the house lights are, but when it's all done right, it's amazing how much of the audience just conveniently disappears.

Which all reminds me of a trick I use at almost all bigger shows I play. If you get that sort of effect from the light, whenever you feel a bit jittery, just look out into the black area where you know the rest of the audience is. To them it seems like you're being really engaging and getting the guys at the back involved, but really all you can see is glare and shadow. Gives you a good chance to practice your 'mysterious rockstar' face as well.

All the best man!
Quote by Weybl Himself
Haha well it all depends on how good the lighting rig is and how low the house lights are, but when it's all done right, it's amazing how much of the audience just conveniently disappears.

Which all reminds me of a trick I use at almost all bigger shows I play. If you get that sort of effect from the light, whenever you feel a bit jittery, just look out into the black area where you know the rest of the audience is. To them it seems like you're being really engaging and getting the guys at the back involved, but really all you can see is glare and shadow. Gives you a good chance to practice your 'mysterious rockstar' face as well.

All the best man!

ill give it a shot. i mean, i should add another face to my arsenal. my last addition was the "divebomb face" when i got a floyd :p
Guitars:

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus