A group of ultra-conservative Salafis got more than they bargained for after bursting into a beauty salon in the Egyptian town of Benha in an attempt to enforce “God’s law” on the women inside reported the online newspaper, Bikya Masr.

The women were told to stop what they were doing or face physical punishment from the group.

But instead of complying out of fear, or calling for help, the women took matters into their own hands by striking back.

They beat and whipped the vigilante gang “with their own canes before kicking them out to the street in front of an astonished crowd of onlookers,” Egyptian online newspaper, Bikya Masr, reported.

The surprise raid on the salon was part of a string of similar “inspection checks” on other retail businesses to check for compliance and that shop owners and customers abided with “God’s law.” [Sharia]

This included telling shop owners “they could no longer sell ‘indecent’ clothing, barbers could no longer shave men’s beards, and that all retail businesses should expect regular and surprise inspections to check for compliance,” the newspaper added.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/01/09/187342.html

Such a fail
Lol @ being a morality police btw...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Afghanistan had morality police under Taliban rule. Even more ridiculous, they had beard police.
My God, it's full of stars!
Sounds like they got reverse Batman'd - if Batman was a bunch of religious fanatics that is, and had a cane and....

This analogy isn't going anywhere.
Last edited by FlashNinja at Jan 11, 2012,
You've gotta laugh though eh?

Muslims believe sharia is God's law, but they differ as to what exactly it entails. Modernists, traditionalists and fundamentalists all hold different views of sharia, as do adherents to different schools of Islamic thought and scholarship. Different countries, societies and cultures have varying interpretations of sharia as well.

But interestingly the Islamic scripture of the Qur'an states that their should be no compulsion in religion, so basicaly trying to force religious law upon another goes against their religion.
SlackerBabbath
But interestingly the Islamic scripture of the Qur'an states that their should be no compulsion in religion, so basicaly trying to force religious law upon another goes against their religion.

The orthodox interpretation of Islam is a glaring anachronism at best. Yes, back in the days where women were property and religious diktats were merely a guise for sustaining a constantly warring Islamic tribe, they may been apt. But today they stand corrupted.

Also, many of the narrative had been misjudged by the Hafiz who had committed the chapters of the Quran to memory before it was compiled into one written source. It is no wonder that the socio-cultural premises of the tribes were showcased in Islam probably more than any Abrahamic religion. And of course, as times change and traditions do not change with the context, the traditions see the world as morally unstable and vice versa.

In my opinion, Sufis have understood Islam much better than any fundamentalist hack.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jan 11, 2012,