i have built a 1974X and love it. i am almost done with the JTM45, i just need to get a new rectifier tube, the copper cap bullshit that weber sells is blown. just need to do that and i may have a short. but its basically done, i just need to sit down and do it.

i am learning more and more, and getting more experience, and know how to work safe and not fry myself.

i have two questions that yes a could search for and possibly find, but dynamic knowledge is more helpful than static knowledge.

1. how would i add an extra gain stage? specifically on a vintage amp, i am aware i need an extra tube, but where would it go into the circuit. this sounds dumb, but would that require more caps or resistors, or a different transformer to handle the additional tube? if you could give an example i would appreciate it. if the example is a diagram that is fine, i can read schematics decently, but am not able to evaluate with a quick glimpse of the paper.

2. on a two channel amp, generally what is shared and not shared. i think i know part of that, but i am not sure and would like confermation. i am thinking that if it has different tone controls its more of a ___idk____ amps that if the knobs are shared is more of it the same just with a different amount of gain for the OD?

the more detail the better, thanks in advance, and if you have any links in addition to the ones in the sticky please let me know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
bump. its been a few days. thanks in advance.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i know nothing on the subject, but have you seen this website? I found it with a quick google...

http://www.ax84.com/
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's