You have an Amp, you have a guitar, a cord that connects them together.
What else do you usually need?

Some people may need a footstool
Some may need a tab book
Stereo with speakers
recording device handy
Nachos,pizza, some food
Television
Computer
Water?
A drink of any kind.
A towel if I get sweaty.

That's pretty much it.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I always have.

1. Extra picks

2. Extra cable

3. Metronome

4. iPod with guitar pro and tab tool kit

5. Cleaning kit

And I have my tv and xbox as I will play my CDs through that an play along to what I'm listening to.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
basically ^ and you know othe rmaintainance stuff allen wrenches and screwdriver for adjustments
wirecutters to cut string extra strings in case i pop one
and extra strings i like to be prepared
just to throw this out there, there are free apps on android (i am sure on ipods as well) that you can download. i have a tuner that is dead accurate, a metronome with a lot of nice functions, and a chord/scale reference app. so my phone eliminates my metronome and tuner. its always on me wherever i go. plus two hand held tuners died on me the same day a few weeks a day.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A drink, my seat, youtube up on the comp, and my foot on the small subwoofer of my computer as a foot stool.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
weed
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
and a cup of coffee lol
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
Quote by stealstrings
A drink of any kind.
A towel if I get sweaty.

That's pretty much it.

How do you get sweaty? Unless you're playing outdoors.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
As a college student, more free time. I play like 20-25 hours a week. Out of like 3 days a week I can actually play. It would be better if I could play everyday.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
A capo, my POD and a computer. Bam, i now have every sound known to man.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I would always advise on having at least 5 pints of beer. English pints.

Always helps my playing.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
A case and a stand?

you use a case and stand while playing?
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
For some reason I cannot play at all if my hands aren't clean. Playing with clammy hands is horrible lol

Also Guitar Pro
Last edited by BigSmokeDawg at Jan 11, 2012,
Capo and Tuner!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
For me its.

Guitar Pro
Tuner
Spare Picks
Rocksmith
Cold Drink
Snacks that do not leave any residue on your fingers such as pretzels.
Flat head, Philips head screwdriver, and a allen wrench for any sudden need for adjustments.
A feeling for the music I am playing.

Seriously I can play any song I want but if I cant feel the music then I cant get into playing it which is why I end up doing easy low riff chugging and power chords since that is what I like to hear the most in my music.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
@ mike_oxbig

Where does it say while playing?? Are cases and stands not accessories then?

Technically they are accessories, but they're storage accessories not playing accessories. it's kinda lol that the only two things you could think of needing were places to put the guitar down.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Hey, what about the opposite? What crap do other people use that you think is spit? Should this be a new thread?

I can (and often do) play with nothing but the guitar. Although I play my electrics unplugged more than with the amps, amps are SO much fun!

My nevers:
I never ever use a capo, and seldom use a pick. I got a metronome for bass, but never use it with guitar.
The only thing i can think of on the never list are those clips that go on your thumb/fingers that make you look like sabretooth from xmen.

then again i rarely do finger style, maybe that will change when i get more into it.
Quote by stepchildusmc