Hey guys (and gals),

I've been running into issues tabbing a song that has multiple slides, but with different tone intervals. Here's a screenshot below:

I'm doing this in Guitar Pro format, so if someone reading the tab in the future textually follows the tab, nothing's wrong, but when you hit playback, it sounds off. I'll explain:

In the screenshot above, the 3rd string (starting from bottom) slides 1 whole step (equivalent of 2 frets), while strings 4 and 5 only slide half a step (equivalent of 1 fret). When played back in MIDI (when RSE is on, doesn't seem to have this bug), the 3rd string SOUNDS as though it only slides half a step, as though it wants to emulate the other strings.

I was wondering if you guys could try this out on your side to see if it's just an isolated problem on my part. The same problem happens on bends.

Now I know some people could say "well if it works using RSE, it doesn't matter much". Problem is some people don't have RSE installed, or don't have it on. They may listen to my tab(s) and dismiss it as wrong because of the way it sounds off.

Some specs in case: using Guitar Pro 5, Win XP, MIDI Device: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
Yeah that happens for me too.

Oh well, how often do you come across something like that? Guess you'll have to use shift slides in the tab.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Yeah that happens for me too.

Oh well, how often do you come across something like that? Guess you'll have to use shift slides in the tab.

Thanks for taking the time to try it out.
It really sucks though 'cause I'm tabbing Killer Queen by Queen really perfectly, and the shift slides make it sound like the picking/strumming goes twice, which is not the case. Anyhow, thanks again for checking