Got a nice new cardboard box in the post today...

But what was inside? (it's the one on the left)

So, it's a Fender? Yeap!

Let's take all the labels and stickers off...

A close up of the lovely sunburst body (and the unbeatable red tort).

And the back...

And the headstock...

And one of the neck...

And finally, the side of the neck...

You'll have to excuse my photography skills (or lack of)... good camera, crap operator.

Gotta say I'm extremely happy with it. I thought I'd got lucky with my previous Fender USA Standard because it was such a killer, and I'd owned some shaky stuff from Fender in the past... but this is another really well made and well balanced instrument, plays incredibly. I really think Fender upped their game with the most recent line of USA standard basses (the 2009+ ones iirc, ones with the big black SKB cases).

Might grab some sound clips in a bit.
Awesome! HNBD!

JPJ style!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I envy you so much! gorgeous bass! the finish and tort look so good together! congratulations. Happy new bass day
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Din of Win
Awesome! HNBD!

JPJ style!

I thought JPJ only played P basses in the sunburst/maple? \o/ I only ever recall seeing him with rosewood J basses.

Quote by Basti95
Tiny pics, but YAY for you my good man HNBD

Did you try clicking on them? :p
Yum yum yum yum!
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by Ziphoblat
I thought JPJ only played P basses in the sunburst/maple? \o/ I only ever recall seeing him with rosewood J basses.

Did you try clicking on them? :p

That i did not
Quote by Ziphoblat

Srsly... didn't realize it was a maple fingerboard till i read this.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
USA J bass+Maple fretboard=POOOOORN

HNBD sir, HNBD indeeeed!!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Just an update... here's a group photo with my other Jazz.

Played my first gig since having surgery on my finger on Sunday, took it for a spin. Love the sound of it, the maple seems to make it a little bit snappier. It seems a tad heavier than my other, and I seem to be able to play faster with ease on it.

The soundguy gave us a recording of the gig. It isn't the best quality ever, but it's pretty good for a live recording. Here's part of it (a song you probably all know) so you can hear the bass in action;

http://soundcloud.com/ziphoblat/my-generation