Hey guys. I have finally bought my Bugera 333XL head now I just need a cab. However, I am strapped for cash atm but I need the cab for a gig at the end of this month. I will have around £500 to spend when I get round to buying the cab but I have a question. I was thinking of buying the Harley Benton G212 Vintage for my cab and use the spare £300 for a backup gigging guitar. Will the Harley Benton be good enough? Or is the 'never cheap out on a cab' advice still relevent here?

Thanks for any advice

Carl
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Those Harley Benton's with the v30's are an absolute steal. Their build quality is decent and will last you for a long while. I would keep the spare 300 if I were you, and put it towards savings for a really nice guitar, rather than buying another cheapish one.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Thanks man. I got told those Harley Benton's were good, but if they're as good as you say they are, I suppose why not
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
If I were you I'd buy used. There's not a huge advantage in buying a brand new cab (aside from non-worn cosmetics). For £200 you could easily get a used V30 loaded 212 that is far better quality, and you could probably even get a used Marshall 1960a.

Another big advantage in buying used is that the speakers don't have to be broken in like new ones.
Quote by Carl21221
Thanks man. I got told those Harley Benton's were good, but if they're as good as you say they are, I suppose why not

I gigged with one for a while, they really are a superb cab for the money.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Another big advantage in buying used is that the speakers don't have to be broken in like new ones.

I have a wierd problem buying ANYTHING used, even if its not guitar gear. I just do not trust people enough haha. How long does it take for a speaker to be fully "broken in"?
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
It usually depends on what speaker it is. Usually 48 hrs total of playing time or more does it.