Hello , I've been looking to get a new tube amplifier which can get me sounds along the lines of late 80's early 90's Sepultura/Danzig i hope that's not too specific hahaha. Something heavy but with clarity in its tone. Keep in mind i have a budget of around $1200 AUD/US.

Just some background I've been looking at a Jet City JCA100H and a Marshall MA100H, are they any good for what i want? Anything better? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps
Quote by iamthebreadfan
Hello , I've been looking to get a new tube amplifier which can get me sounds along the lines of late 80's early 90's Sepultura/Danzig i hope that's not too specific hahaha. Something heavy but with clarity in its tone. Keep in mind i have a budget of around $1200 AUD/US.

Just some background I've been looking at a Jet City JCA100H and a Marshall MA100H, are they any good for what i want? Anything better? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps

Check out Peavy 6505 heads they have a nice clean channel and a superb gain channel, they go between $600-750 used and around $1000 new.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Thanks I'll check it out, but it will be hard to find a used one though. Just letting every one know i plan to get a whole half stack for around $1200 not just the head to make things clearer.
Thanks alot everyone. Peavy definitely seems to be one of the best for me. I think i would be able to afford one. Sure a half stack looks good but i'm looking for tone so i might get a combo. What are the differences if any between a 5150 and 6505?
The 6505 is the name of the ones made after Eddie Van Halen left Peavey. There aren't any huge differences that I know of, although some people say the 5150 is more br00taz.
Look into the Bogner Brixton. $1300 USD 15 watts I think. Its a plug and play gain monster! Just a thought.