whats the difference between a half stack and a full stack. what makes something a half stack and what are the advantages/disadvantages?
more speakers and more sound dispersion. no real advantage these days though. a bad back is the downside.

back in the 60s the amps did far more work as PAs were kinda primitive and there was no monitoring system. you needed more power and speakers to be heard on stage and into the audience. the look of a bunch of stacks became the "rock and roll" look and has carried on mainly for appearence sake. while many bands will have a ton of amps on stage often most aren't turned on or even real for that matter.
a half stack is generally one 4x12 cab while a full stack is two.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?