Page 3 of 4
Quote by BK202
The ones with like 54 fans and they post two studio updates of them a day, each with about three seconds of actual music and three minutes of them discussing an inside or scene kid joke? And they're recording a 6-track EP where all the songs sound exactly the same? With an "ambient" intro that leads into chugged guitars and pounding toms and a weak high hat?

I give you... my old band. http://www.facebook.com/TPODGbandNJ
My old band had like 1000 likes in facebook or something crazy like that. It was a mix of people who enjoyed our shows and our guitarist going to other band pages; bands similar sounding to ours and messaging people on that page being, hey you might like our band. We got so many fans that way and a large chunk of them actually liked our music.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by TheReverend724
I would like this band if their name was Chain Chomp Attack

This entire time I was reading it as "Chain Chomp Attack."

So disappointed that it's not.

EDIT: ITT people thinking numbers matter.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Jan 16, 2012,
So why is this not removed? The pop-punk & emo forum doesn't need this garbage
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by nashawa

EDIT: ITT people thinking numbers matter.

They do to promoters

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
They do to promoters

My band who's played with Title Fight and Touché, and The Menzingers and Set It Off, and Black Lungs, and and and begs to differ. We have like 400 fans and have played bigger shows than this joke of a band ever has.

Paul tells me the audience is dead at their shows, and the show he saw them at, the audience was thin.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This isn't the hardcore forum though.

This band isn't pop punk/emo though.
Quote by ChemicalFire
They do to promoters

You deal with promoters who look at your FB page for number of fans? Hahaha

Man, I feel bad for you.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I dunno, I didn't do the booking (the band broke up) but it made the band look good having lots of a face book likes. In reality it means very little, but it just made us look good.

Especially when our live show lived up to it

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I'd say that having a disproportionate amount of likes is more embarrassing than beneficial in quite a few ways.
Like when you've got 1,000 fans and you sell about 10 tickets, the promoter wont say "they've got 1000 likes, it's OK", they'll be like "They can't sell tickets and obviously just spam the shit out of everyone. I'm not giving them another gig."

I'm not saying your old band was like that, it's just one of the things that annoy me, haha.

Quote by ChemicalFire
I dunno, I didn't do the booking (the band broke up) but it made the band look good having lots of a face book likes. In reality it means very little, but it just made us look good.

Especially when our live show lived up to it

It really doesn't make you look good to anyone. Almost no one reads into that stuff.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Okay guys I'm not really THAT fussed about it. I was just pointing out how my old band did it compared to how these guys just expect all the fans to spread the word for them; where as we did it ourselves. Didn't mean to get into a semi-argument about the importance of facebook likes xD

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Okay guys I'm not really THAT fussed about it. I was just pointing out how my old band did it compared to how these guys just expect all the fans to spread the word for them; where as we did it ourselves. Didn't mean to get into a semi-argument about the importance of facebook likes xD

My entire point was that the way you did things isn't really different than the way they did.

Also arguably, having fans spread the word is more legitimate than doing it yourself.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
You may have a point on the second point, but I don't feel they're the same things at all. One involves next to no effort and just sounds pretentious. When someone comes up to you and says "oh tell people about my band" how many people actually do it? Next to no one. Our way the message was easily ignored, people didn't HAVE to like our band on facebook, but many did anyway, their reasons for doing it however may not always be related to actually liking the band.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
You may have a point on the second point, but I don't feel they're the same things at all. One involves next to no effort and just sounds pretentious. When someone comes up to you and says "oh tell people about my band" how many people actually do it? Next to no one. Our way the message was easily ignored, people didn't HAVE to like our band on facebook, but many did anyway, their reasons for doing it however may not always be related to actually liking the band.

This band got 12 000 fans from adding random scene teens on Facebook, asking them to listen to their band, and these naive and innocent 14 year old girls who want the respect and approval of this band of "20 year old hotties" turn around and agree to show all their friends.

I can't put my finger on why, but I know there's something wrong with that.
Okay I guess you have a point there xD

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Man, I've gotta get me an annoying scene fanbase.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Man, I've gotta get me an annoying scene fanbase.

Play prog metal. That way, you can have annoying fans while keeping your dignity intact (somewhat)
I'd rather make music that doesn't make me want to kill myself.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
What did I just say!?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Well now that's just mean.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
That.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Look the people who are talking shit on here. I'm here to say wrong. I know a few of the people from the band. And I'm just saying shut the **** up. Okay. All you people who post shit about it probably can't play yourself. I've been in music all my life. Okay. And this is natural for the bands. When you upcoming you're going to go through these twists and turns. I'ts not going to pan out exactly the way you want it to. Okay. so stop talking shit. Cuz ya'll about pissing me off with you're shit talking. You don't like something you can choose to not be apart of it.
Look it's a member of Chomp, Chomp, Attack!

I didn't know famous people could be on UG
Lol bad username defends terribad band invites more bad shit to come.

But seriously, this band is stupid.
Quote by blake1221
Lol bad username defends terribad band invites more bad shit to come.

But seriously, this band is stupid.

this reflects my outlook on the matter as well 7:^]
Quote by 666Synyster999
Look the people who are talking shit on here. I'm here to say wrong. I know a few of the people from the band. And I'm just saying shut the **** up. Okay. All you people who post shit about it probably can't play yourself. I've been in music all my life. Okay. And this is natural for the bands. When you upcoming you're going to go through these twists and turns. I'ts not going to pan out exactly the way you want it to. Okay. so stop talking shit. Cuz ya'll about pissing me off with you're shit talking. You don't like something you can choose to not be apart of it.

6/10

If work didn't block image hosting sites I'd post a "You otter try harder" photo, but you know.
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
You know what. I like this band. I dont care what other people think of it. I just like their music. Just my two cents, but i like them each to his own
Why? Cant i just like what i like. If you like something then just listen. I like a lot of music. From country (hank williams, chet atkins, johnny cash) To metal (Meshuggah, megadeth) and everything in between (yes, this too) I also really love classic rock etc. Is it wrong to listen to music you like?