what does an unfinished neck mean... is it like a fender neck? also what is the finsh on the epi. ZAKK WYLDE Les Paul neck?
Unfinished should mean raw wood with no sealer on it. You can rub a coat of tung oil on that to protect it. I haven't seen the Epi in question but often it will be lacquer or on some cheaper guitars poly.
Unfinished usually means that there is a very thin layer of laqueur on the neck, so it feels like bare wood. Finished means that the neck has a thick coat of laqueur. Your Epi most likely has a finished neck.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Unfinished usually means that there is a very thin layer of laqueur on the neck, so it feels like bare wood. Finished means that the neck has a thick coat of laqueur. Your Epi most likely has a finished neck.

This. Its a satin like neck, this is how zakk liked his LP's and for good reason. Painted necks feel sticky.
The ZW LP is an oil finish on the neck.

Its a lovely neck.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have a guitar that I stripped for repainting, and left the neck bare, not even tung oil (just my slimy fingers) I love it, and so does just about every one that tries it. The last guitar I bought also has had the neck sanded down to the wood. I'm going to do it to another one or two.
Quote by RebuildIt
I have a guitar that I stripped for repainting, and left the neck bare, not even tung oil (just my slimy fingers) I love it, and so does just about every one that tries it. The last guitar I bought also has had the neck sanded down to the wood. I'm going to do it to another one or two.

I bet they do. I even take some steel wool to non painted necks. The smoother the better.