I am interested in buying a Fixed bridge Guitar, My options are Ibanez RGA 32, Ibanez RGD 321, Schecter demon6 ,BC rich metal master KKV & Hagstrom Ultra Swede. Donno which one to go for I like metal & progressive music.I checked Hagstrom Ultra swede in a store but the Knobs & bridge were bit rusted,Store say its due to weather. Is it a Big issue????
Personally, out of those I'd go for the Schecter. However, their necks are not for everyone, so try one before you buy it.
Also, it would help if you stated your budget, location, if you are willing to go used etc. ^^
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696

Read the stickies before posting please.

Don't be that guy, you're not a mod.

he gave a multiple choice question, there's no need for the questionaire to pick one of the guitars he listed.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
Don't be that guy, you're not a mod.

he gave a multiple choice question, there's no need for the questionaire to pick one of the guitars he listed.

Neither are you a mod. What's your point?

If he's specific, we can recommend something that is exactly what he's looking for. Rather than him buying the BC Rich because he thought he would like it, when really he would rather use it for the fireplace.

If he lists what he wants, that'll make finding the right guitar for him a whole lot easier.

Please read the stickies, TS. Then we can be more helpful with finding the right guitar for you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 11, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Rather than him buying the BC Rich because he thought he would like it, when really he would rather use it for the fireplace.

I swear to god, every time I see someone over the age of 13 leave a guitar store with a BC Rich Bronze warlock and a Line 6 spider I die a little inside.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Neither are you a mod. What's your point?

If he's specific, we can recommend something that is exactly what he's looking for. Rather than him buying the BC Rich because he thought he would like it, when really he would rather use it for the fireplace.

If he lists what he wants, that'll make finding the right guitar for him a whole lot easier.

Please read the stickies, TS. Then we can be more helpful with finding the right guitar for you.

I'm not the one telling people to follow the rules like some sort of internet forum hall monitor, so your "back atcha" reply doesn't really hold its ground.

He told us what music he likes and gave us a short list of guitars he had already looked into. That's a lot more helpful than someone saying "i have 900$ to spend and i listen to rock and metal, and i live in the USA"
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
I'm not the one telling people to follow the rules like some sort of internet forum hall monitor, so your "back atcha" reply doesn't really hold its ground.

He told us what music he likes and gave us a short list of guitars he had already looked into. That's a lot more helpful than someone saying "i have 900$ to spend and i listen to rock and metal, and i live in the USA"

Can i ask why you're being such an asshole? I'm only trying to help the guy make his decision.

He's not given enough information. Such as his budget, his amp and if he's willing to go used. That's pretty important information if you ask me.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
A little rust is nothing to really be concerned about. Honestly I think the Schecter or the 321 would be the best bet out of all of those. What country are you in and what is your budget? We might be able to expand your list of what you can get.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Jan 11, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Can i ask why you're being such an asshole? I'm only trying to help the guy.

He's not given enough information. Such as his budget, his amp and if he's willing to go used. That's pretty important information if you ask me.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just think posting a link to the rules thread instead of suggesting one of the 5 guitars he's asked us to recommend (which takes care of the budget problem) is about as useful as saying some old cliche like "play whatever feels good to you"
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by mike_oxbig
I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just think posting a link to the rules thread instead of suggesting one of the 5 guitars he's asked us to recommend (which takes care of the budget problem) is about as useful as saying some old cliche like "play whatever feels good to you"

Well because he hasn't given enough information, then what can we accurately suggest? He might not even have an amp yet. He might be willing to go used, which means we can suggest better guitars to go for.

We can only help him based on the information he's given us. Or the lack of it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
You guys need to chill out, so what if he does not have an amp yet. Whats more important is he gets a good solid guitar to start on so that even if he does not have an amp he will at least have a decent guitar for when he does get an amp. Besides he does not need an amp to practice.

Rather than arguing you should have just asked him those questions yourself like I did.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Jan 11, 2012,
Quote by Darkdevil725
You guys need to chill out, so what if he does not have an amp yet. Whats more important is he gets a good solid guitar to start on so that even if he does not have an amp he will at least have a decent guitar for when he does get an amp. Besides he does not need an amp to practice.

If we know his current gear, we can suggest his priorities. Even if it means he might not be able to afford so much for a guitar, you can still get something decent like a Pacifica and have enough money left over for a practice amp.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If we know his current gear, we can suggest his priorities.

We all ready know his Priorities, he needs a guitar. Hence the titles of the thread "First Guitar"
Quote by Darkdevil725
We all ready know his Priorities, he needs a guitar. Hence the titles of the thread "First Guitar"

Have you ever been on a thread when a guy is buying a Gibson LP standard but uses a line 6 Spider?

That's how this whole 'What you need is a new amp' thing started.

Some people haven't got their priorities right. In my opinion, i would buy an amp as well as a guitar if he's first starting out.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This is going nowhere

He asked for the best metal/progressive guitar out of these choices

Ibanez RGA 32
Ibanez RGD 321
Schecter demon6
BC rich metal master KKV
Hagstrom Ultra Swede

That's all. Black and white. He didn't ask about opinions on amps, new or used, what colour shoelaces he should buy his mother for her birthday, if his ass looked fat in jogging pants, etc. Pick one of the 5.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Amps are pretty important, brah. You need them for something called 'tone'

Quote by mike_oxbig

That's all. Black and white. He didn't ask about opinions on amps, new or used, what colour shoelaces he should buy his mother for her birthday, if his ass looked fat in jogging pants, etc. Pick one of the 5.

I'll ask again, why are you being an asshole?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Probably because I am an asshole. And nobody's denying that amps are important, but that has nothing to do with what the TS asked about, so sending him to read the rules so he can reword his question to be a lot more vague is only going to complicate things for him and us.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by mike_oxbig
Probably because I am an asshole. And nobody's denying that amps are important, but that has nothing to do with what the TS asked about, so sending him to read the rules so he can reword his question to be a lot more vague is only going to complicate things for him and us.

Agreed.
Can we all quit bickering? Just wait for the TS to respond with the info and leave it at that. Calm down kiddies.
Why don't we just lay off each other?

Both of you have justification for your responses.

TS, what's your budget? That way we can see if there's something more suited to your styles. Maybe we know of a few guitars that might suit you better than the ones you came up with. If youre limited to the ones you mentioned then pleas tell us so.

Out of all of those, id choose the schecter but just because I liked the way it played.

And Mike, you don't need to be a mod to be helpful. Kinda like how policemen aren't the it ones that obey the law. Not trying to start something against you but there's nothing wrong with being inquisitive to help someone. It's for TS' own good
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I know you don't need to be a mod to be helpful but telling him to read the rules before posting in this scenario is kinda like putting someone under citizens arrest for jay walking.

agreed though it's gone on long enough, i'm done.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Last edited by mike_oxbig at Jan 11, 2012,
I Am considering to buy a Fender mustang 1 Amplifier & my budget is around 300 $ to400 $ .................Thank u all
Thanks.

The fender mustang 1 is a nice blues/overdrive modelling amp, but not that good with high gain. I would look at getting a Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube if you're doing the high gain stuff.

Out of all the guitars you listed, the Hagstrom because its generally higher quality. I wouldn't worry too much that the bridge is a bit corroded. You can always change it later. Just make sure the guitar is in overall great shape.

The RGD wouldn't be a bad choice if you like the progressive low-tuned stuff (i love that sorta thing). I've heard the pickups on the RGD aren't bad either. They're designed to give more clarity in the bottom end.

Just play each guitar as much as possible and see which one you prefer. The one there i wouldn't ever get is the BC Rich. Honestly, you're wasting you money on that junk. Nothing is good about it.

Another possibility is a Jackson X series guitar. Take your pick that's within your budget. Somthing like a DKXMG or a KVX10 if you like V's.

Also have a look at LTD's M100. Its not a bad guitar and some people swear by them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 12, 2012,
I checked hagstrom, Dealer told me there is a slight problem in its finish, in the neck area its little bit worn out where we place our palm not in Fret board but below it so he is giving discount on that guitar for me ..Should I go for it?????