No idea how much advice I'll get here but basically my sleeping pattern is f*cked.

I tend to go to bed around 3-4am (which is late, I know) but then sometimes won't wake up until after 4pm.

Like today, I just woke up now and it's 8:00pm, meaning I slept for 16 hours.
Stay awake for 40 hours, then go to bed at 7pm. Start from there
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Skip a rotation of sleep, then go to bed at a normal time.

/problem
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Get a job you fucking hippy.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
1) Go to bed earlier than 4 in the morning
2) Wake up before 4 in the afternoon
3) ??????
4) Profit!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by Random3
The issue isn't really the time that I wake up/go to sleep, it's more the amount of hours I spend asleep.

Surely if I go to bed at 4am I should be good to wake up at midday? Which is 8 hours?

i think you can also get into a habit of sleeping too long, which is something i fight with...and i have to really kick myself out of bed at times...i've slept from 9pm-4pm on several times unless i make myself get up and start doing things such as cleaning, playing the guitar, exercising etc.
Quote by Random3
The issue isn't really the time that I wake up/go to sleep, it's more the amount of hours I spend asleep.

Surely if I go to bed at 4am I should be good to wake up at midday? Which is 8 hours?

You're telling me you regularly sleep for a straight 16 hours uninterrupted?

I call bs.

EDIT: also, alarm clock...
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Jan 11, 2012,
Don't eat for 18 hours. Then eat your next meal in time with the sleeping pattern you want.

So say you want to get into a pattern where you wake up at 7 in the have your first meal of the day at half 7 ish, dinner around 12 or 1 o clock and your final meal around 5 or 6 o clock.
Then start sleeping in that pattern.

Works better that way, due to sleep being regulated by the digestive system when hunger overrides all other needs.

I'm not bullshitting either, I studied it in psychology for a while and there were a fair few papers on it.
Quote by Acϵ♠
Get a job you fucking hippy.

+1

Set your alarm early. Get up. Go running, do some exercise, get tired. Go to bed a normal time.
How has no one heard of this? http://sleepyti.me/

its a sleep calculator, your body goes through sleep cycles. If you wake up in the middle of a cycle you'll feel like shit all day. If you wake up in between you feel like a million bucks
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by ZeBubba!

its a sleep calculator, your body goes through sleep cycles. If you wake up in the middle of a cycle you'll feel like shit all day. If you wake up in between you feel like a million bucks

im going to test this tonight, and if it doesnt work, im coming after you.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by ZeBubba!

This isn't what he needs. This is only useful if you know what time you need to wake up at. He just needs general regulation of his sleep cycle.

OT: Do what SG_dave said. I'll usually go without eating for 6-8 hours, sleep the rest of the time off then go get breakfast at Mcdonalds or something. Shit works wonders, and you can do it as often as you need to.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Yeah the time you go to sleep makes a huge difference in how rested you will feel.

Your body produces "melatonin" at night (which is a hormone that makes you naturally sleepy and prepares you for the time your body should be sleeping) and when you sleep during the day and aren't exposed to the sunlight as much (sunlight stops the production of the hormone), your body sort of retains the high levels of melatonin in your body. Which in turn will cause you to feel sleepy regardless of how long you sleep during the day.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
I believe if you just do as you need to do for a week you should get adapted to the new rythm. Go to sleep earlier, wake up earlier. Nothing much to be strategic about here.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by doomded
This isn't what he needs. This is only useful if you know what time you need to wake up at. He just needs general regulation of his sleep cycle.

OT: Do what SG_dave said. I'll usually go without eating for 6-8 hours, sleep the rest of the time off then go get breakfast at Mcdonalds or something. Shit works wonders, and you can do it as often as you need to.

But there are two modes! One if you know when to wake up, the other if you want to just go to bed right at that moment.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
get a routine, my sleep pattern would go to shit if I sat around and did **** all too
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.