Aside from the not tight enough playing what do you guys think of this song wise?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/begg.mp3
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Pretty cool, needs a touch more bottom end in the melody parts, but apart from that, not too shabby!
That guitar melody is really cool! Props to you sir

The song obviously could use some more for it structurally speaking, but what is there is really good! I'm extremely jealous; I wish I could write, or even play, this kind of music lol. As mentioned above, the mix isn't very bass-irific, but to be honest I didn't really mind. Good job with the very syncopated guitar riffs, and not having the guitar become lost in a mess of distortion. You just to add maybe another instrumental section, then the cool guitar line you have, and you essentially have a song! For a work in progress (which your thread title implies) this shows a lot of promise!

C4C? I play a VERY different style, so I would totally understand if you opt not to haha
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28912690#post28912690
-------

"So if 'con' is the opposite of 'pro', then isn't 'congress' the opposite of 'progress'?"
- John Stewart, Daily Show
I mean the playing is write for the style and it's well executed.

But I just can't shake the feeling that you sat down and randomly put together about twenty different riffs to make it sound "proggy"
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The song is actually completely tabbed and finished I'm just experimenting how it would sound recorded. I need to practice it a little more and get it tighter. Every riff I came up with was something that was in my head presay and I just put it down on guitar. I think the music before I play it. It's odd.

I have an Ibanez UV777 coming in today, once I mess with it I'll try recording this again and this time without amp sims. The whole entire song is actually harmonized by a guitar in standard. I just haven't got to doing that yet. It might sound crazy but it's pretty cool actually and doesn't sound like too much. I'll check out your mixes later guys. Thanks for the comments. If you like it now, you'll like it 10000x more when its done.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X