Hi guys. Over the Easter period I'm doing a Hitch Hike from Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK to Morocco for a charity called 'Link Community Development' who build schools and train teachers in some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Since its inception in 1992 an incredible 7,500 people have now taken part in the Hitch, raising over £3,500,000 for Link. They have travelled a combined total of almost 9,000,000 miles - that's more than 360 times around the world! Link works in Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, South Africa and Uganda at all levels of the education system to remove these obstacles and help ensure that children going to school are receiving a decent education.

As I'm sure you are aware, the cycle of poverty is difficult to escape yet it is my belief that education is one of the most important factors on the development route. With a good standard of education, social, political, environmental, demographic and economic problems can addressed in a more efficient way thus improving the chances of escaping poverty.

Any sponsorship would be greatly appreciated and make a huge difference to those in need. If you would like to sponsor me, you can at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattSummers

Help a brother out!

Thanks in advance
Last edited by mattybob at Jan 11, 2012,
That sounds dumb. You're gonna be murdered.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by mattybob
Hi guys. Over the Easter period I'm doing a Hitch Hike from Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK to Morocco for a charity called 'Link Community Development' who build schools and train teachers in some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Any sponsorship would be greatly appreciated and make a huge difference to those in need. You can sponsor me at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=MattSummers

Help a brother out!

Thanks in advance

I'm an African-American and I find this offensive.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
There's nothing dumb about helping those in poverty. I'm doing it with 2 other people and it's all set up through the charity with rigorous rules and regulations to ensure a safe trip.
Sounds good TS but good luck getting lifts from miserable northerners.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Oh shut up.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Sounds cool, but if you want sponsorship you have to give a bit more info. Also, I suggest changing "You can sponsor me at: linkblalblabla" to "if you want you can sponsor me at blablabla".

Quote by ErikLensherr
That sounds dumb. You're gonna be murdered.

Not unless he murders first...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Sounds cool, but if you want sponsorship you have to give a bit more info. Also, I suggest changing "You can sponsor me at: linkblalblabla" to "if you want you can sponsor me at blablabla".

Not unless he murders first...

Thanks man!
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

No, you're not, and you don't.

OT: That sounds kind of cool, TS.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No, you're not, and you don't.

OT: That sounds kind of cool, TS.

Shhh, they don't know that..
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Its a cool idea. I might even donate if you prove it is legit.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

Psh, I like you because you never get offended by anything.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Psh, I like you because you never get offended by anything.
I'm not offended, my African-American self is offended.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Now my Geography was never great but I'm pretty sure Morocco is not in England, right? As that's one hell of a hitchhike... What about crossing the channel and shit?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Now my Geography was never great but I'm pretty sure Morocco is not in England, right? As that's one hell of a hitchhike... What about crossing the channel and shit?

Haha, a damn long hitch hike! For a good cause though and should be a great experience. We'll be buying tickets for ferries over to France and Morocco. The tickets are bought from our own account, sponsorship money cannot be used for such purposes and this is highly regulated by the charity
Hitch Hike - a hike in the honour of Christopher Hitchens. I am disappoint, TS.
Seriously though, 'tis a good idea but you should have posted once all the arangements were in order. Anyway, best of luck.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Hitch Hike - a hike in the honour of Christopher Hitchens. I am disappoint, TS.
Seriously though, 'tis a good idea but you should have posted once all the arangements were in order. Anyway, best of luck.

Thanks! All arrangements are set, we can't buy tickets etc until the day as we have no idea how long journeys will take