So I'm planning my second build. I got the first parts over a year ago (the body and pickguard) and just ordered the neck, machine heads and neck plate today. It'll probably be a while til I can get the rest of the parts but I want to ask a question.

You see, I need a name for my guitar.

It's gonna be a white telecaster, with a rosewood fretboard, a Bigsby (maybe) and DiMarzio Chopper pups (or something similar). It'll also have this pickguard that I made:

So with all that in mind, what do you think she should be called? (yes, she) I quite like Amity or maybe something French, but I'm open to suggestion. The name will be going on the headstock.

Last edited by homeless-john at Jan 11, 2012,
My Truth?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Amélie?
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
same name actually :p just the french varient
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Verity

It's a name I'm saving for my first violin build (probably at least a decade off so you can probably use it without me getting jealous :p)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by GABarrie
Verity

It's a name I'm saving for my first violin build (probably at least a decade off so you can probably use it without me getting jealous :p)

Lovely name. Considering it but I might feel a bit bad nicking your violin-to-be's name.

Quote by Roc8995
Cora. Brigitte.

Either way, it needs a bigsby. Nice looking guitar.

Thanks, just a little iffy about putting a bigsby in it for a couple reasons. Although it's a pretty solid alder body, I got it for cheap cos it has a few cracks. With that in mind I'm not sure about putting a £100-150 Bigsby in there. It probably won't be my last build so if this doesn't get a Bigsby, the next one will I think.

Also, kinda planning a guitar with a retro feel too. Frank might be a contender for itss name.
Quote by homeless-john
Lovely name. Considering it but I might feel a bit bad nicking your violin-to-be's name.

Like I said it's like 10 years off, wanna be fully set up with guitars before I start making orchestral strings. So feel feel to use it.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Angélique

Liberté

Verité

Natascha

Sylvie

Gertrude? :P

I'm not great with picking guitar names if they're not puns (like my Crapocaster).
Some people use quotations,
Some people are just perverse,
Some people have ironic machinations,
But I'll just break into verse!
Quote by homeless-john

Also, kinda planning a guitar with a retro feel too. Frank might be a contender for itss name.

Frank and Frankette, do it.
le'Shizznit. That's french right? Or l'Guitarro di dendra l'Ransomnote
Life is about taking risks, as long as the risks aren't too risky.
Dave
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'll be honest, I'm a fan of Douchenozzle Soupcore, though if I was to name it I'd call it The Bitch.