Hi All,

I have been looking around but cant seem to find a kind of concise guide to begin playing the guitar, there is obviously lots of information dotted around but not in any kind of order or structure.

Have I just been a dope and missed this completely? or is it not on here?
What's up man. Yeah youtube is the best... try watching TV and try to tune in your guitar.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*

Quote by stealstrings
If you're looking for lessons, try youtube.
Also try this link.
www.maximummusician.com/begguidegtr.pdf

Hope I helped.

thanks for the link mate I appreciate it, i have looked on YouTube, there doesnt seems to be one person who has done like structured lessons and so spent more time kinda dotting around from place to place, picking random things up rather that any kind of structured information.

If you know of any particular you tubers that would be great.
Quote by Victoria-R
What's up man. Yeah youtube is the best... try watching TV and try to tune in your guitar.

cheers mate, what do you mean by "tune in my guitar"?
Guitar is all about instincts. Um... there's no actual tuning. Those are just basics I guess you could call it. My guitar is six stringed, but 3 of 3 are tuned differently.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*

Quote by Victoria-R
Guitar is all about instincts. Um... there's no actual tuning. Those are just basics I guess you could call it. My guitar is six stringed, but 3 of 3 are tuned differently.

I'm lost
I'm a bit lost at what they are talking about too. The best website I found is called justinguitar.com. He has a step by step set of lessons that you can read and there are videos for a lot of them. Another one that is mostly videos is brightonguitarlessons.com. There may be a .uk in there somewhere, but if you google brighton guitar you should find it. They have pretty good basics on that site. Some people like the hal leonard books too. Justinguitar.com really helped me with the basics.