hi, my high e string broke just now, and i dont have time tonight to restring it, should i leave it overnight until tomorrow, or should i just replace that string tonight and do the rest tomorrow? its an Ibanez ART320, heres a link to the stats (if it matters) http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-ART320

thanks!!
I hate when people compare John Frusciante to God. He's
good and all.............but he's no Frusciante.
It'll be fine.

Guitars aren't that delicate!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
unless you live in a ridiculous climate you're gonna be ok

not going to say it definitely won't happen or anything... but it'll be incredibly unlucky, i'd have thought.

don't quote me, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Max Cavalera only has teh EADG strings on his guitar so you will be fine
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
this guy only has 3 strings on his guitars at all times, youll be fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoPNC3ebYQ

EDIT:

Quote by Reages
i once removed all the strings from my guitar and i was fine

you fearless bastard!
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Jan 11, 2012,
phewf!! i broke it by trying to bend the highest note (d) to f -_-
I hate when people compare John Frusciante to God. He's
good and all.............but he's no Frusciante.
What can I play with just a low E and a high E? It should be easy to memorize the notes on the whole board that way.
Quote by BornToLive
phewf!! i broke it by trying to bend the highest note (d) to f -_-

I did that a couple days ago and replaced all my strings. I hate having to do that cause the tone gets way to bright for me, but it did give me the chance I wanted to go up a gauge
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Quote by jjbarnes
I did that a couple days ago and replaced all my strings. I hate having to do that cause the tone gets way to bright for me, but it did give me the chance I wanted to go up a gauge

I always play with new strings... they never get more than a couple of weeks old on the guitars I'm playing or practicing with... Different strokes..

for the OP.. yea.. you'll be fine... I left the strings off one of my strats for over a year... (I know... I know.... it wasn't by choice... ) I had to adjust the neck when I finally got it restrung, but It's one of my main guitars now..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
No way bro. Your neck will snap like a twig.

I left my strings off my explorer for almost a month after putting prs birds on her. Didn't change anything whatsoever.
Quote by Papabear505
I always play with new strings... they never get more than a couple of weeks old on the guitars I'm playing or practicing with... Different strokes..

for the OP.. yea.. you'll be fine... I left the strings off one of my strats for over a year... (I know... I know.... it wasn't by choice... ) I had to adjust the neck when I finally got it restrung, but It's one of my main guitars now..

Yeah, I know some people like the twang and brightness, but it's just too much for me. I just prefer the sound of older strings. I feel like I used to use DRs just because they sounded a lot less bright straight out, but I don't know why I switched.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
I have a guitar that doesn't have a high E and it is just fine.
It will be fine. The guitar wont spontaneously combust or anything!

If it has a floyd bridge on it and you tried to continue playing without it though just now though without the high e string then I'm sure you would get some rather 'jazzy' sounding chords.