Hi, looks like its another one of those threads, but I would appreciate your help.
I need a new guitar in the 600-800 US dollar price range.
It needs to do jazz blues rock and metal.
As long as its good at jazz and rock i'd be happy.
But I need a decent jazz tone(I'm thinkin not an archtop/semi hollow) and a good rock sound
Suggest away...
You could probably find a nice Strat for that price. Maybe HSS?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You could get a Epi LP Custom or maybe a Gibson Faded model.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
any telecaster with humbuckers.

teles are, surprisingly, excellent jazz guitars. a humbucker loaded tele will give you solid jazz and rock tones, and should be able to serve as a reasonable backup to a metal guitar
Look at the SE line from PRS
PRS Standard 22, Trans Blue
PRS Custom 24, Eriza Verde Green
Martin DC16 GTE Acoustic/Electric
Segovia Acoustic/Electric
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb
Fender Princeton Chorus 212
Check out Sterling by Music Man. Basically, I use my Sterling AX40 for anything. When it comes to blues/jazz (in Standard tuning), it's all I use.
PSN - Boosted928
MIM HSS Strat, the tele's great for Jazz but I find it isn't that great for rock, i traded my MIM Tele for an HSS Strat

EDIT: For that Jazz tone you gotta use the neck pickup with the tone rolled off just enough that it loses the 'sharpness' but doesn't sound wholly flat
Last edited by ccannon1 at Jan 11, 2012,
I'd say Tele, HSS Strat, or even an Epi Les Paul. They're all great, versatile guitars, capable of playing pretty well all musical styles with the right amp. It basically comes down to personal preference after that.