Hey i hope that i can get a good answer from some fellow musicians! I'am pretty much stuck right now i'm looking for something to improve my overall playing! I live where i unfortunetly cannot be taught by a real music teacher who knows his stuff. I just want to know if any of you know or have used AND improved by learning from a DVD on let's say music theory (which i want to learn), different scales and how to use them, and chords! Stuff like that i need just to improve my playing i need something on how to make a good song and understanding soloing! I'm sorry if this is very confusing but i'm not sure what i exactly want to learn, of coarse i want to improve everything and learn everything lol! I guess if i have to narrow it down i want to learn music theory something that can basically help me have a better understanding of music and how to use it and just become better lol. Thank you for your time! Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated

Headbang Motherf*****!
rock guitar in 6 weeks - danny gill(google +torrent free to get it dirty cheap)
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
Are online lessons from a teacher an option for you? We've taught many in your same situation, and are far less that what you'd pay for local lessons, in most cases.

I know of absolutely no good books or videos, that do a good job at all on the teaching side of things, and worse on the application side.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
Are online lessons from a teacher an option for you? We've taught many in your same situation, and are far less that what you'd pay for local lessons, in most cases.

I know of absolutely no good books or videos, that do a good job at all on the teaching side of things, and worse on the application side.

Best,

Sean

Thanks, well you know i have thought about that! What can you guy's offer me? I do understand that nothing beats a one on one with a guitar teacher.
Quote by prleLTD
rock guitar in 6 weeks - danny gill(google +torrent free to get it dirty cheap)

Thanks i'll check it out!
i tend to think that buying DVDs offers a really poor return on your investment as far as hours of instruction.

I'd instead be inclined to look at a website like jamplay, or to get a book. I've heard a lot of good things about the book "Guitar Soloing," by Gilbert et al, although I haven't used it myself. (it's actually part one of a two-part series, followed by "Advanced Guitar Soloing.")
Quote by HotspurJr
i tend to think that buying DVDs offers a really poor return on your investment as far as hours of instruction.

I'd instead be inclined to look at a website like jamplay, or to get a book. I've heard a lot of good things about the book "Guitar Soloing," by Gilbert et al, although I haven't used it myself. (it's actually part one of a two-part series, followed by "Advanced Guitar Soloing.")

I understand but i have been playing for about 4 1/2 years. I would consider myself a good guitar playing you know? Right now i'm just stuck i have no other options i need to know music front to back to add to my arsenal so to speak i want to learn how to write good music and understand it you know. Thank you i will check it out!
Quote by Shogun_23
Thanks, well you know i have thought about that! What can you guy's offer me? I do understand that nothing beats a one on one with a guitar teacher.

Hit me with a PM with your email address and I'll forward you a copy of our Online Course catalog and be happy to answer any questions you might have so that you can decide whether or not what we do and how we do it, would make a good fit for you.

Alternatively, you can click the link in my sig below and it will take you there.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
Hit me with a PM with your email address and I'll forward you a copy of our Online Course catalog and be happy to answer any questions you might have so that you can decide whether or not what we do and how we do it, would make a good fit for you.

Alternatively, you can click the link in my sig below and it will take you there.

Best,

Sean

Hey thank you very much! I did click on the link and am checking out your website! I do have a couple of questions! I'll send you a pm with my Email! Thank you!
I cant agree less on the self tuition via dvd's... i can call myself a pretty good player, i am completely self taught and it got me into the conservatory. I love lick library dvd's, there's some real nice dvd's around