Page 1 of 7
Okay, I already saw a thread like this a while ago, but it didn't really reach a conclusion. So, I was wondering, who is the less universally hated artist. You don't have to actually like the artist, but let's commonly try to find someone that no ones absolutely hates?

So...Pit, I ask you, who is the less hated artist on UG?

EDIT: I might be asking from a lot, but let's not turn this into a huge flame war
Last edited by simpro14.5 at Jan 11, 2012,
Ac/dc.

Everyone likes AC/DC. Otherwise they are lying to be cool.

On topic. You find find a single band that everyone likes. That's what music is all about. Hating on other bands.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 11, 2012,
I can't stand AC/DC, but I wouldn't call it hate, merely dislike, they have a few good songs
Queen. There are two types of people in the world - those that acknowledge Freddie Mercury is the greatest singer of all-time, and filthy lying bastards. Or bitches if they're women.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Can anyone really hate Protest the Hero?

Quote by necrosis1193
Queen. There are two types of people in the world - those that acknowledge Freddie Mercury is the greatest singer of all-time, and filthy lying bastards. Or bitches if they're women.

But the rest of the band is shit.
Last edited by OVER9000VIDEOS at Jan 11, 2012,
Quote by BenRaah
Pink Floyd

untrue,
i know a guy who does
not me, btw
OH HELL YES METALCORE
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
Can anyone really hate Protest the Hero?

Yes. By having ears and a brain that works properly.

Quote by necrosis1193

Terrible songwriters the bunch of them. Just a waste of talent all the way through.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
John Deacon is anything but.

stratkat
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

Brian May, his PhD in astrophysics and position as university chancellor, and forest of hair laugh at your puny mortal brain and its pathetic assumptions.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Not a huge fan of Protest The Hero, but I can vouch for Queen. Mercury was a great singer, and Brian May is just a genius.
John Frusciante would be my best bet here. I see little or no reason to dislike him. He's terrific. All the other bands/artists mentioned so far are just terrible.
I dunno about an artist, but if you don't like Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve then you don't like life and should go ahead and kill yourself now.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
John Frusciante would be my best bet here. I see little or no reason to dislike him. He's terrific. All the other bands/artists mentioned so far are just terrible.

He was a member of RHCP and some people hate RHCP.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
He was a member of RHCP and some people hate RHCP.

But John Frusciante is great. RHCP never was. His solo stuff isn't even close to RHCP when talking about sound.

Anyone who genuinely find John Frusciante bad please tell me in what way.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
If they found his music terrible because of that their opinion is moot. I'm talking about his solo works. If anyone can find anything bad about his solo stuff please let me know.

I know this thread is about bad albums, but out of curiousity: do you have a favourite John Frusciante solo album?
Quote by rocknrollstar
I know this thread is about bad albums, but out of curiousity: do you have a favourite John Frusciante solo album?

Curtains and Shadows Collide With People. Both absolutely amazing albums. The first one I'd say is absolutely complete. Was the first one I fell for.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Sorry to say, but I don't like Frusciante. He's a fine musician, but I've always been bored by him. Say what you like about my tastes, or lack of ears or whatever, his music has never clicked with me.
I've never heard of anyone actually hates the Foo Fighters. I've seen people between HOMIGAWDFOOFIGHTERS all the way to "Ehhh, don't like 'em all that much but they're not horrible." But I've never heard anyone say they legitimately hate them.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by ChamsRock
Not a huge Bob Marley guy, but I can go for Froosh.

Artists you don't hate could be Marley too I assume?

I find it hard to believe anyone would hate either Marley or Frusciante.

Dear God Carvel.

Ahhhh

Ahhhhh

Ahhhh

When I try to force it out.

Shit's amazing.
Quote by necrosis1193

+1
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by necrosis1193

Finding Mercury to be talented has little to do with Queen being good. They are still a rather mediocre band at the most. And that has nothing to do with Mercury having a spectacular voice.
Quote by sadSTATUE
I've never heard of anyone actually hates the Foo Fighters. I've seen people between HOMIGAWDFOOFIGHTERS all the way to "Ehhh, don't like 'em all that much but they're not horrible." But I've never heard anyone say they legitimately hate them.

Due seems to.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Curtains and Shadows Collide With People. Both absolutely amazing albums. The first one I'd say is absolutely complete. Was the first one I fell for.

Curtains is the one I notice I put on the most as well. He doesn't have a bad album, but I think it's cool how people can find so much variety in his music.

Plus it makes me real jelly that he recorded Curtains in his living room and it sounds brilliant. The production on Curtains is perfect.
Radiohead is consistently the most listened-to artist on UG's Last.fm group.

Quote by sadSTATUE