I just started recording (USB interface, some cables, SM57, and Sonar). I've had a good time sketching out ideas a little and want to learn more about mixing and making stuff sound cool as I go along too.

This is basically untouched.. maybe a tiny bit of panning on it. How can I make things a little clearer when the bass comes in? Is there anything I could/should do to he bass? I am not an expert on guitar tones either (just been playing for a 1 month) but am not too disappointed with these... they dont hurt my ears at least.

http://soundcloud.com/dr_thunda/thundar-13-8-delay
There's is alot to go into. I'd recommend looking into EQ and compression, there should be good tutorials on youtube. EQ will probably help you most here.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i recommend this tutorial:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490850

i know you are not using digital tones, (neither am I, I'm using a shure sm57 with a huge rig and cubase) but go through this tutorial (actually do it) and you will have a much more improved on grasp of how to use EQ, which in my opinion is one of the most important parts of getting a good mix.

I also agree with the above poster the timing is just making things harder for you, since you've just started try recording a favourite song of yours that you like and is simple or something and try mixing it for practice.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Using an EQ, I'd use a low pass shelf at about 200-350Hz, should bring up the bass a little, giving it a bit more punch and making it more notable
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into the tutorial and find out what a low pass filter does. I am getting this cleaned up (was hard to set the delay just right, it's a rough/sketch/learning project too) and my friend is going to make me some EZ drums, so I can get some more perspective.

I've found that I can record cleans with closer to center mic placement. Seems like no matter what I do for gain it blows your ears up (head has a dark clean channel, but the speakers are extra mid/high oriented).