Me and my friend have a small show coming up, but he blew up his bass amp. Would it be possible for him to use my spare guitar amp, a Fender Mustang III 100w, for the show without damaging the speaker or the amp?
I saw this crappy band the other day who tried doing something similar. It sounded pretty terrible. On top of that The merch guy and I made a 50 dollar bet on if it would blow or not. Guess who's 50 dollars richer?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Thanks, and yeah they have a PA system it's just not that good. I'll go with the PA for now though
Did your's friend's speakers survive? That's the key. If you can use his old speakers you'll get away with it. Failing that, grab yourself a 15" PA bin (with a horn). That will get you out of trouble. If you try to use the Mustang's speaker at gigging levels chances are that somebody in the back row will catch the voice coil. Don't do it.

You are probably better off just DI'ing his bass into the PA and turning him up in the foldback. That much bass in the foldback will piss off the singer no end but it will work. Better than trying to use a Mustang.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 12, 2012,
What about this? If there are other bands playing why not ask to borrow an amp? Most people won't mind and it'll allow them less set up time if they go before you.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.