Page 1 of 2
Names groups, organizations, etc. where you have no problem with their general cause, but it's either their personalities or their methods that you can't stand.

With me, the first thing is pretty much any Animals Rights organization I've heard of (mainly PeTA and Animal Liberation Front). I'm a total supporter of the Animal Rights cause, and animal welfare improvement. But it's pretty obvious that organizations like PeTA are often totally ridiculous, and really just embarrassing.

Internet atheists. I'm not at all religious. Every atheist I've met IRL have been good people. The atheists in the pit are fine, too. But I think the largest online atheist community is Reddit's r/atheism, and every time I see a link from there I always cringe. It seems like nothing more than people who just want to sit around all day congratulating themselves on how rational they are. I've seen a lot of facebook screencaps there, and it's usually a guy being a massive asshole because somebody posted a bible quote or something on their facebook status. And those posts get the most upvotes and are often on the frontpage. I find a lot of these people are pretty much the product of reading a book by Dawkins or Hitchens.

Classical guitarists (somewhat). My major is in classical guitar, and I like my peers and everything. But the vast majority of people who listen to classical guitar are classical guitarists themselves, and it often feels like a giant circlejerk. I feel like there are very simple and easy things classical guitarists could embrace and do, that would increase our popularity, respect and audience. But the things that keep us from that is the lack of collaboration and keeping guitar solo, the rise in extremely dissonant avant-garde music, and the focus on virtuosity and perfect technique over good and appealing compositions. John Williams is one of the few guitarists who I think has really done great work in making it more popular, respectable and interesting (not the film composer John Williams. A different one).
TBTMC

stands for threads made by the madcap
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Tea Party

aight, you want less government spending and shit, that's totally cool

the bad side is, YOU ARE ALL FUCKTARDS.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I agree to an extent. If all participants of a group are fully commited to promoting a their group philosophy, then there's a good chance the groups goals can be achieved. The problem with this is though, that realistically this isn't always the case as it's hard to find a group of people, of whom all are 100% dedicated to the cause the group plans to promote. The reasons that a group or cause were founded in the first place can often become lost, in these cases.

EDIT: Somehow I read the OP and got the entire wrong idea on where this thread was going. My post still kind of applies though. >_>
Last edited by FlashNinja at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap
(not the film composer John Williams. A different one).

Haha, I like how you've included this. I've had to say something like this so many times
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Primus2112
The Tea Party

Yeah, more or less this.
The Occupy Wall Street movement.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Feminists. I support the actual idea (gender equality), but a lot of feminists should be retitled feminazis.

Occupy Wall Street. I totally support the cause but I cringe whenever I see a lot of those people who don't even have a coherent clue. I saw a sign on Bill Maher's show that said "Shit is ****ed up and it's bullshit". No shit.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
People who believe in every single thing their school of thought does. No side has all the answers. Use different schools of thought when appropriate.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I would say feminism, but that would be a lie. Its essentially just a perversion of egalitarianism to deal specifically with improving the status of women. It is a narrow minded and moronic approach of implementing a form of egalitarianism, both with ignoring areas where women have more power than men, and more specifically completely ignoring transgendered peoples. I just wanted to point that out even though it is very loosely related to the thread. I'm sure it will come up and id rather nip it in the butt now.

Occupy wall street is probably the most relevant one that I could state. I agree with the broad basis behind the movement, but I find the vast majority of the protesters involved tow ideological lines that I more than just disagree with, I find them worthy of contempt and ridicule. I dislike how the individuals involved seem to feel the need to accentuate the significant divisions that are present rather than just focusing on the major issues that brought them together in the first place. It is simply pathetic how muddled and unclear the message becomes. Lunatics going off about how the jews control all the money only tarnish the credibility and destroy the effectiveness of the movement by destroying solitary and unity and allowing the media to further magnify the divisions, crackpots, and other unpleasant aspects associated. How hard is it to stick to the important major bits and not hijack something with very loosely related, unsubstantiated, or just plain irrelevant political beliefs?

Christ that was hard to type out on my phone.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Feminists. I support the actual idea (gender equality), but a lot of feminists should be retitled feminazis.

Occupy Wall Street. I totally support the cause but I cringe whenever I see a lot of those people who don't even have a coherent clue. I saw a sign on Bill Maher's show that said "Shit is ****ed up and it's bullshit". No shit.

I would actually like to see who these "feminazis" are because for all I've heard about them, I've never actually seen one either on television or in person. Sure, I've seen the odd online blog that has the "men aren't necessary" shtick but that's hardly a part of the feminist movement large enough to be worth mentioning.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Occupy wall street is probably the most relevant one that I could state. I agree with the broad basis behind the movement, but I find the vast majority of the protesters involved tow ideological lines that I more than just disagree with, I find them worthy of contempt and ridicule. I dislike how the individuals involved seem to feel the need to accentuate the significant divisions that are present rather than just focusing on the major issues that brought them together in the first place. It is simply pathetic how muddled and unclear the message becomes. Lunatics going off about how the jews control all the money only tarnish the credibility and destroy the effectiveness of the movement by destroying solitary and unity and allowing the media to further magnify the divisions, crackpots, and other unpleasant aspects associated. How hard is it to stick to the important major bits and not hijack something with very loosely related, unsubstantiated, or just plain irrelevant political beliefs?

Christ that was hard to type out on my phone.

Obviously those people are there, but it's such a tiny, tiny minority is it really worth mentioning them? It only gives their crackpot views more credence.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Obviously those people are there, but it's such a tiny, tiny minority is it really worth mentioning them? It only gives their crackpot views more credence.

I mentioned more than merely crackpots, and its more than a tiny, tiny minority like you seek to write it off as. Even then, they provide content that the media machine can use to breed confusion and use as a vehicle to justify claiming the movement lacks cohesion. The ideological infighting, or at the very least broad spectrum of perceived causes and solutions in regards to the larger issue that the occupy movement tries to tackle, destroys the effectiveness and only legitimate potential for success and progress that the movement has. Giving a clear picture of the issue and how citizens of america (and other countries) can move to eliminate them needs to be the focus. With mass division being projected the effectiveness is already limited, and it becomes catastrophic once the mechanism that the movement must use to present their information in the media gets its hands on it and makes the message seem even more muddled.

Protests from the left have a nasty habit of making their niche ideological beliefs come to the forefront. Without cohesion, solidarity, and sticking to the very broad issue that the movement should be sticking to effectiveness and, through that, the gains that can potentially be realised don't come to fruition. When the odds are already stacked in your favour it isn't a good idea to shoot each other in the foot, which seems to be standard for how movements like occupy wallstreet seem to operate of late. They started off well with having a common ground and presenting that to the media. If they had stuck to an effective method of providing a clear message maybe it would have a chance of providing something beyond helping me develop my cynicism. Shame.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I mentioned more than merely crackpots, and its more than a tiny, tiny minority like you seek to write it off as. Even then, they provide content that the media machine can use to breed confusion and use as a vehicle to justify claiming the movement lacks cohesion. The ideological infighting, or at the very least broad spectrum of perceived causes and solutions in regards to the larger issue that the occupy movement tries to tackle, destroys the effectiveness and only legitimate potential for success and progress that the movement has. Giving a clear picture of the issue and how citizens of america (and other countries) can move to eliminate them needs to be the focus. With mass division being projected the effectiveness is already limited, and it becomes catastrophic once the mechanism that the movement must use to present their information in the media gets its hands on it and makes the message seem even more muddled.

Protests from the left have a nasty habit of making their niche ideological beliefs come to the forefront. Without cohesion, solidarity, and sticking to the very broad issue that the movement should be sticking to effectiveness and, through that, the gains that can potentially be realised don't come to fruition. When the odds are already stacked in your favour it isn't a good idea to shoot each other in the foot, which seems to be standard for how movements like occupy wallstreet seem to operate of late. They started off well with having a common ground and presenting that to the media. If they had stuck to an effective method of providing a clear message maybe it would have a chance of providing something beyond helping me develop my cynicism. Shame.

That's always been the left's problem. Good ideas, poor representation of those ideas.

I do think it's a smaller amount than you do, but I don't have demographic information here so I have no idea.
Neo-luddists.

Man, I'm all for pissing on robots as the next guy, but don't go bomb a nigga.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I would say feminism, but that would be a lie. Its essentially just a perversion of egalitarianism to deal specifically with improving the status of women. It is a narrow minded and moronic approach of implementing a form of egalitarianism, both with ignoring areas where women have more power than men, and more specifically completely ignoring transgendered peoples. I just wanted to point that out even though it is very loosely related to the thread. I'm sure it will come up and id rather nip it in the butt now.

Neither of those are true...
Oh looky here, Due said something, wonder what kind of an ass hes making himself out to be this time.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by due 07
Neither of those are true...

Feminism seeks to actively promote the improvement of the status of women to eliminate oppression and create equality. The very nature of the label excludes it from transgendered peoples or to improving the standing of men to an equal level of women in some areas. It exclusively concerns itself with females, that's sort of why its called feminism? Derp.

Don't bother responding, I doubt you can provide anything of worth.
Quote by LZRocker
Oh looky here, Due said something, wonder what kind of an ass hes making himself out to be this time.

Yeah, we get it, you put me on your ignore list and you want attention so you keep bringing it up. Anyway, you're one to talk:
Quote by LZRocker
I'm a bad person because I don't like gay fags.......... Now THAT takes the cake dude, that takes the cake.

Quote by LZRocker
Ok, first off, you got a picture of Towelie, so you shouldn't be standing up for gays at all.
Secondly, if they did, I'd probably be like, "......wow, well ok", and that would be the end of it. And they can adopt kids, and they can be "married", just not legally, whats the difference between being legally married and just living and doing everything together, I mean mormons do it all the time. I don't plan on getting legally married and making my kids have to have social security.

Quote by LZRocker
But it's not even natural to be attracted to the same sex. It's either a sickness or a choice, and it's pretty ****ed up either way. Would you think it's ok to **** a dog? It's just as weird.

Quote by LZRocker
You are trying to be funny... Right? I made a choice to not like fags, just like fags made a choice to be fags. Either that or me and them have disorders, I guess I'm happy with either one.

@Katana, normal=heterosexual, natural, able to actually reproduce.
And oral sex isn't even sex. (that going with the same thought process as that lesbians arn't homosexual)

Quote by LZRocker
.............well, simply put, yeah, exactly, lol. Maybe don't kill homos, just get them to keep it to themselves or atleast in their own circle. I don't go around on parade floats making out with girls (alcohol makes everything different, you know how it is) so I don't think they should be having gay pride parades with guys making out with guys, unless we can have a purely Lesbian Pride parade.......I'd be totally cool with that

Quote by LZRocker
Hey, me and my best friend have already established that if either of us turns gay, the straight one will kill the other one and take the other persons guitars(if its me)/booze&xbox(if its him)

tl;dr: you consistently make an ass out of yourself bro
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Feminism seeks to actively promote the improvement of the status of women to eliminate oppression and create equality. The very nature of the label excludes it from transgendered peoples or to improving the standing of men to an equal level of women in some areas. It exclusively concerns itself with females, that's sort of why its called feminism? Derp.

You're totes ignoring the historical context of the term, lul.
Do women on their periods count as an organization?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Ok I couldn't stand it, I looked.

But brah... You realize that was me and Jake drunk at my stepdad's carwash like... Last summer, lol.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Do women on their periods count as an organization?

Think so... If they don't they should.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by LZRocker
Ok I couldn't stand it, I looked.

But brah... You realize that was me and Jake drunk at my stepdad's carwash like... Last summer, lol.

"hurr durr i was drunk lol"

You're good at this making-an-ass-out-of-oneself game!
UKIP.

I actively despise the EDL and BNP for their followers and their philosophies. UKIP aren't that bad and the EU does take the piss sometimes.

However, I would never join their party or vote for them.
Classical guitarists (somewhat). My major is in classical guitar, and I like my peers and everything. But the vast majority of people who listen to classical guitar are classical guitarists themselves, and it often feels like a giant circlejerk. I feel like there are very simple and easy things classical guitarists could embrace and do, that would increase our popularity, respect and audience. But the things that keep us from that is the lack of collaboration and keeping guitar solo, the rise in extremely dissonant avant-garde music, and the focus on virtuosity and perfect technique over good and appealing compositions. John Williams is one of the few guitarists who I think has really done great work in making it more popular, respectable and interesting (not the film composer John Williams. A different one).

The lack of collaboration is also appalling to me, and I've also seen a lack of collaboration in general among the musicians at my University.

This year's Republican candidates are doing something similar, and while the Republican party in the past has seemed to be more coherent and what not, these new candidates are making the entire party look bat shit crazy.

And holy shit @ LSRocker.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by due 07
"hurr durr i was drunk lol"

You're good at this making-an-ass-out-of-oneself game!

Or honest..?
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by due 07

Totes? Really? What are you, a 14 year old girl taking pictures in your bathroom?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by LZRocker
Or honest..?

I doubt that honesty is musically inept homophobic ignoramuses' forte, but whatever.
Quote by due 07

Irrelevant to the pitfalls inherent to the term. Looks like I was right about you providing nothing of worth, go figure.

Feminism isn't inherently egalitarian without including transgendered people, lets not pretend the terms are interchangeable. You cant just repeatedly provide absolutely nothing but bolding part of my post and posting vague garbage and expect anyone to take you seriously. Provide a valid point that is reasonably constructed with something that can even remotely resemble a coherent, full thought and ill continue this. Otherwise I'm going to go play puck with sakic in my head for a few hours before work. I don't have time for your garbage.
Why are you giving PETA a small e? It stands for "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals", the e is as important as the rest of the letters...
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Irrelevant to the pitfalls inherent to the term. Looks like I was right about you providing nothing of worth, go figure.

Feminism isn't inherently egalitarian without including transgendered people, lets not pretend the terms are interchangeable. You cant just repeatedly provide absolutely nothing but bolding part of my post and posting vague garbage and expect anyone to take you seriously. Provide a valid point that is reasonably constructed with something that can even remotely resemble a coherent, full thought and ill continue this. Otherwise I'm going to go play puck with sakic in my head for a few hours before work. I don't have time for your garbage.

Feminism encompasses all gender struggles. Just 'cuz it's called "feminism" doesn't mean it only fights for the equality. You're just flat out wrong, I dunno how else to respond. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
Quote by due 07
I doubt that honesty is musically inept homophobic ignoramuses' forte, but whatever.

Music is just noise and I prefer one kind and you prefer another. Fine, whatever, nobody cares. And I've been banned like, twice and a shitload of things have happened to me since those quotes, lol. I'm waay more chill then I ever was.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by due 07
Feminism encompasses all gender struggles. Just 'cuz it's called "feminism" doesn't mean it only fights for the equality. You're just flat out wrong, I dunno how else to respond. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

...that's what he just said...
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by due 07

No, you're flat out wrong. The difference is I provided my statement with something called a "rational argument". Did they not teach you that yet? I'm shocked at how far behind american 8th graders evidently are.
Every single punk show I've been to ever. I can't stand the scene. I want to punch everyone of those smug asshats in their studded crotch.

Also, hippies.
Quote by Primus2112
The Tea Party

I second this notion.

Also Occupy Wallstreet. More accountability, less business and murk in Washington? Alright, I like the sound of that. But get your heads out of your asses and get some organization. It's more or less people shouting "Down with problems!" and "Less bad in government!" So much of it just feels like bandwagoning or people with no goddamn clue.

PETA. Alright, nothing wrong with more humane treatment of animals. Cleaner, quicker methods of harvesting, less, if it's there at all, growth enhancement, simple stuff like that is more than reasonable. Demanding bans on any animal-based products, comparing KFC to the holocaust, and in-general seeming one fried turkey leg away from blowing something up, is not.

NFL referees. At the end of the day, it's entertainment. Nobody should risk life or serious brain damage for entertainment sport. Moderation is needed, and oftentimes they do a good job. But it's a physical, full-contact game that revolves around one large, very strong man ramming into another large, very strong man as hard as he can to knock loose a death grip the second man has on a small leather ball. It's going to hurt, touching the receiver's arm should not be a potential 40-yard penalty, some of the penalty calls are just ridiculous.

Hipsters. Underground music and other products can often be very good, at a bargain-bin price. But taking pride in finding it when it was still underground, bucking it because it becomes popular, and intentionally averting anything whatsoever that's remotely popular is stupid.

Indie musicians. As in the genre, not as in independent musicians. I have nothing against the genre, it's often good music. But the suggestion so goddamn many fans and musicians in the genre make that understanding of music theory robs creativity is beyond stupid.

Probably more I'm forgetting.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 12, 2012,
Page 1 of 2