Tryng to decide between a Schecter Damien Elite FR or a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 fr, the damien elite has emg 81 and 85 the hellraiser has 81 tw and 89 tw , I like the damien elite in see through black alot.... Would there be a big difference?

Links:

Damien Elite FR

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-damien-elite-fr-electric-guitar

Hellraiser C-1 FR:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-hellraiser-c-1-fr-electric-guitar

Also might be willing to take recommendations on some other guitars

Would prefer to stay around the damien elite fr price, but I guess will see.
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jan 12, 2012,
hellraiser has an OFR (according to specs), i believe the fr special is prone to long-term wear. additionally, the damien is a bolt-on, which isn't a problem at higher qualities, but a lot of companies like schecter tend to skimp the quality a bit on bolt-on models and emphasize their set/neck-thru lines.

do you absolutely need a floyd rose? unless you have experience with them, they're honestly more trouble than they're worth unless you plan on a lot of slayer solos or something.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I would go for the Hellraiser the pickups are good, fast neck, not to heavy, coil taps are great.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Austin174
I would go for the Hellraiser the pickups are good, fast neck, not to heavy, coil taps are great.

18V mod the EMGs and the pickups are decent on both of them
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
18V mod the EMGs and the pickups are decent on both of them

I have been wanting to try the 18V mod but I would have to route my battery cap to fit a second one an I dont know if its worth it
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112