Hi All,

I was practicing with my band last night, in preparation for our 2nd gig, when .....boom my guitar head went. It was a basic behringer vt 100 fxh (only 2 months old but I only paid £110).

The ead guitarist has a Marshall valve amp, I love the tone he gets out of it but his was near the £700 mark, I ahve been looking at an MA 50 but at £400 its abit expensive, I was wondering if tere was another guitar amp/head out there (with a valve) for around £200 - £300?

Thank for your advice guys!!
Quote by Smgawt
Hi All,

I was practicing with my band last night, in preparation for our 2nd gig, when .....boom my guitar head went. It was a basic behringer vt 100 fxh (only 2 months old but I only paid £110).

The ead guitarist has a Marshall valve amp, I love the tone he gets out of it but his was near the £700 mark, I ahve been looking at an MA 50 but at £400 its abit expensive, I was wondering if tere was another guitar amp/head out there (with a valve) for around £200 - £300?

that sucks. however this is an opportunity, to get something decent, and whatever it is will be a big improvement over what you had.

i would advise not to go with marshall MA. i wouldn't buy any marshall in current production honestly. the JCM800 is awesome, the JCM900SLX is very similar to the JCM800, and a 50 watt DSL (least recommended).

laney has some potential for what you are looking for the marshall sound as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Smgawt
Hi All,

could you give us a clue as far as the exchange rate to USD is?

that would be helpful, so we recommend the gear in your price range. i also know marshalls go cheaper over there.

do you prefer american or british voiced amps?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you only had it 2 months are you going to get a refund?
Think it's $300-400 for those in the US.

You could maybe get a combo in that price range too, off the top of my head (used) there are Laney LC/VC's, the Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Windsor, Peavey Valveking, the occasional Carlsbro 50, maybe the Roland Jazz Chorus if you look hard enough and Marshall DSL's (normally crop up for £350+).
Bugera is, actually, another trade name owned by Behringer, and it's made in the same Chinese plant which produced our fellow's amp who passed away in the most typical Behringer style.
I'd recomand him a Peavey ValveKing, if he's tight in budget. It's better than pretty much everything in this price range. A good one, as a second hand, shouldn't overcome 350 euros. And it would be a great improvement, after the Behringer.
A laney vc30 or a traynor ycv50b will get you a pretty good british, marshally tone. TBH the modern day Marshall's are, although good, quite overpriced.
Jet City!
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
No specific tone or genre?

Well, MG?

Lul, look at Jet City.

I guess?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by rv_phoenix
Bugera is, actually, another trade name owned by Behringer, and it's made in the same Chinese plant which produced our fellow's amp who passed away in the most typical Behringer style.
I'd recomand him a Peavey ValveKing, if he's tight in budget. It's better than pretty much everything in this price range. A good one, as a second hand, shouldn't overcome 350 euros. And it would be a great improvement, after the Behringer.

Bugera is NOT owned by Behringer, Bugera is a solely independent company which has a deal using Behringers distribution network to ship world wide also the amps are NOT manufactured in the same factory.....
Quote by Talon64
Bugera is NOT owned by Behringer, Bugera is a solely independent company which has a deal using Behringers distribution network to ship world wide also the amps are NOT manufactured in the same factory.....

Absolutely Correct!

Same as

Hardwire is NOT owned by Harman, Hardwire is a solely independent company which has a deal using Digitechs distribution network to ship world wide also the pedals are NOT manufactured in the same factory.....

Wait a sec.... Harman?Digitech?Hardwire? each different?independent?
What if? Oh could it be? Oh no not again, my MIC keyboard is failing on me! ahhhhhhhhhh
Extinguisher... got to... fin..d on..e,,,,quik....'/... H..a..l..P ... ME!

Okay Some amp recommendations now that I've found my MIA laptop
Laney VC30/50
Jet City
Blackstar HT(hybrid tube)40
All mostly combos, unless you look hard enough on the used market then you could find a very good deal.
A used Marshall 6100 combo might be available at that price range too.
PM Me ASAP dude.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Smgawt
Hi All,

What do you mean 'Boom'? Maybe it just blew a fuse.

What kind of music do you play?

PS: you nee more money too

Quote by xharass_natox
If you only had it 2 months are you going to get a refund?
Think it's $300-400 for those in the US.

You could maybe get a combo in that price range too, off the top of my head (used) there are Laney LC/VC's, the Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Windsor, Peavey Valveking, the occasional Carlsbro 50, maybe the Roland Jazz Chorus if you look hard enough and Marshall DSL's (normally crop up for £350+).

Good Recs
Thanks alot for all the suggestions guys ill look up all the amps you have suggested. as for us or british, im not to fussed, as long as it sounds great and works!! although i am on abit of a budget..............I think I am getting a refund yeah, £130 the behringer cost me, never again, it blew in the middle of a track we were recording aswell!! ....... To be honest I would prefer a head/cab than a combo.........also the exchange rate is £1 to $1.53 dollars, cheers mate!!
Last edited by Smgawt at Jan 12, 2012,
You won't get a half decent stack for with that budget. Get a good combo or save up.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Smgawt
Thanks alot for all the suggestions guys ill look up all the amps you have suggested. as for us or british, im not to fussed, as long as it sounds great and works!! although i am on abit of a budget..............I think I am getting a refund yeah, £130 the behringer cost me, never again, it blew in the middle of a track we were recording aswell!! ....... To be honest I would prefer a head/cab than a combo.........also the exchange rate is £1 to $1.53 dollars, cheers mate!!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What do you mean 'Boom'? Maybe it just blew a fuse.

What kind of music do you play?

PS: you nee more money too

Good Recs

^ this