Hey guys, im looking to buy a Engl powerball 2 + z9 midi footswitch from thomann, so far i have calculated the following:
(Powerball 2) 1599euros + (midi swtich) 190euros + 50 euros (shipping) + 10% for customs/quarentine = $2497.15 (Australia dollars).
Is there any fees/taxes i am missing ?
Also how would i have to pay for customs/quarentine, do i pay as i pick up the amp or would i have to pay before hand ?

Thanks
Don't forget the different voltages. Aus is 240v.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Import tax, anything over $1000 you'll get anally trashed with the tax.
For the tax, they will mail the invoice to you, although they withhold the item until they receive the money.

Happened with my ESP. Was originally $1100~ inc. shipping and such, but ended up at around $1600 after tax.

Quote by Eppicurt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm relatively sure that the Europe is also 220-240v. The amp should be fine. Just make sure before making the purchase to save yourself from having to get yourself a step down transformer if I'm incorrect.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by Oldmonkeys
Not everywhere in europe is on 240v from memory.

and it NEVER hurts to check that

Beat me to it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
All of my stuff from England works here. A friend of mine bought a powered mixer from Thomann and runs it no problems either. Less than 10% difference in the voltage won't do too much damage, and you have to remember that the voltages between houses in Australia will differ too. You shouldn't need a step-down transformer.

Bear in mind the exchange rate used by Paypal is always lower than the cash exchange rate. Overestimate the cost of your purchase by about 10% to be sure with any hidden fees as well.
Quote by Mopy
Import tax, anything over $1000 you'll get anally trashed with the tax.
For the tax, they will mail the invoice to you, although they withhold the item until they receive the money.

Happened with my ESP. Was originally $1100~ inc. shipping and such, but ended up at around $1600 after tax.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm relatively sure that the Europe is also 220-240v. The amp should be fine. Just make sure before making the purchase to save yourself from having to get yourself a step down transformer if I'm incorrect.

The 10% is for the tax i think... but wouldn't you have to pay more because of the guitars woods etc whilst being quarentined ?

Quote by Eppicurt

Haha, i just sent them a email asking the voltage, thanks! I probably should have thought of that :S
Voltage in Europe is 220V. But plugs - correct me if I'm wrong - are different: they use two pins sockets, not the three pins common in the UK.
Anyway, since you want to buy an Engl, I think you might need a power conditioner: such amp is too good to be submitted to the ups and downs of a domestic plug, and to the subsequent RFI/ EMI interference.