Hi everyone,

i'm seriously considering buying a used OLP MM1, basicly a very cheap Musicman Axis, for a small price. I want a guitar that is usable for some Eddie stuff; divebombs and harmonic stuff etc. I will probably swap pickups with gfs VEHs and install better tuners. My problem is the Tremolo system. Basicly there are 2 versions: Floyd rose and Vintage. I was thinking about buying the Vintage because of tuning inconvenience, but still want to be able to rock out wild. After all, Eddie didnt always use a Floyd.

I read that on Strats the Vintage bridge can be replaced with a modern one for more possibilities. Are there any possibilties for the OLP or normal Musicmans to increase tremolo range and make it more versatile? Please keep in mind that it's a cheap guitar and I dont want to spend lots of money.

Really hope you guys can help me.
I had an OLP MM1 a few years ago, I loved it to death. I kinda regret taking the electronics out for my Wolfgang copy build, as far as I remember it held tune better than my strat did and they both had the vintage tremolos. I got it for $90 at guitar center because it had a chip in the finish, crazy.
MY GEAR:
2001 Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster

2004 PRS SE EG with SD JB in bridge and staggered single coils in middle and neck position

2011 Epiphone Tom Delonge ES-333

2010 Fender Frontman 212R

2011 Vox Tonelab ST